Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disableing the ABS Dash lights

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Also kudos to the clown who bothered to post he fixed it without offering the solution.
Well he posted he fixed his ABS lamp issue in Mar 2014 and the same day was asked for the solution, but didn’t reply...

That’s one of my pet hate with all forums, some want help but don’t offer solutions :mad:

Last seen on the forum Aug 2016 so doubt we’ll ever find out what he did :(

For all we know, the solution could have been he set it on fire and claimed the insurance:eek:

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
I know there's a solution for it because I did have mine working for a while until I updated my harness.

I'm about to pull it all out again for a VX LS1 harness to mate into the VY body harness connector so I'll do some testing and see if I come up with anything.
Here's all the BCM wiring locations and wires for anyone who has some spare time to test.
I sat there for weeks with a multimeter to get all this because Holden didn't want to make wiring diagrams for security reasons because of VATS (I assume)

Attachments

• BCM wiring-VY.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 146

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Tazzi @ Envyous Customs is probably the person to talk to about this.

I've had a look through the factory wiring diagrams and there isn't a specific diagram for the BCM or the ABS system. What I do recall is a member disconnecting a wire at the ABS unit when using a line lock system so it would stop it triggering the ABS fault light when using the line lock.

H

harrop.senator

I couldn't figure out the V6 l36 vx engine harness to the vy l36 engine harness.

The linking wires were different amount and colour. Between the two BCM and pcm.

I ended up finding a poverty pack series 1 cluster out of a ute . Was envyous reccomendation. He's made artificial controllers for all of the modern stuff but never just the abs section.

I plugged it in , didn't have the abs or multiple air bag chime when I turned the key.

Car was then stripped down for paint. Is currently sitting next to me in primer. Waiting for me to stop being a tight arse and hire somewhere to finish the raptor as had complaints at my house before haha.

Can't tell you if it's an actual fix or will come back.

Dev8or

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lots
I have had a similar issue with putting a L67 setup into a VT from a VX Berlina but mine revolved around not having the correct ABS unit, so no comms with the car.

I found two ways to sort of fix the issue.
1: Remove the Green wire with white tracer from the ABS plug. It still looks like it does the ABS checks but won't keep the light on. (I'm not convinced this is the best option but I can't drive the car on the road to test it yet)
2: Found a person on eBay and PCM hacking who does a module you wire in for all sorts of conversion options. This also covered it sending signals from the ABS unit to the BCM to the system to say everything was okay. Haven't put this in yet as I am waiting to try another option but just need a 014 BCM.

This may or may not help people but it's what I have worked through for a few months now.

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
Well I've just started to get into the Arduino stuff and just made a simple module to control a VF auxiliary vacuum pump to give me some better brake assistance and I think this would be the solution for the problem.
If I can get a hold of some info about the CANBUS data, specifically what the BCM sends out and what the ABS sends back to say everything is ok, then I can program the module to send the all clear back anytime the BCM queries the "ABS module".
If Tazzi or anyone can share the info I can make the program and share it with everyone.
Should be a $30 Arduino UNO R3 board a couple or wires and a 12v USB adaptor.

I've seen someone selling something like this and asking $150 so it can definitely be done and done for a lot cheaper.

Burningrubber92

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP SII 3.8L V6
Any chance you could take a picture of the engine bay mate? Id like to see it without the ABS. As they guys said above All commodores regardless of models from VT onwards are 'supposed' to have ABS as standard, never seen one without it. My partners mum has a VY V6 tonner and she has ABS (replaced it recently). Maybe its an optional part on the Tonners?. As for removing it i dont think it can be properly removed unless maybe you can get a really good tuner to completely remap the ECU/BCM.
My series I VY never had abs

adsvznoabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz headache
I've got a v6 alloytech and when I run the tech 2 over it it comes up with a no communication fault and as far as I know it's never had a ecm, bcm or pim change, now it's stuffing with the immobiliser.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I've got a v6 alloytech and when I run the tech 2 over it it comes up with a no communication fault and as far as I know it's never had a ecm, bcm or pim change, now it's stuffing with the immobiliser.
You need to start a new thread.