Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disableing the ABS Dash lights

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Here ya go mate, there is a pic attached to this post of the v6 motor coming out in makes it easy to see there is no ABS module there.
I have had three different tuners look at it and had the tech 2 and the hp tuner thrown over it by all of they were able to turn it off in the ecu but just not in the BCM,
I do wonder would the BCM from the VZ ecotec work with the vy ls1 if i had it relinked to the ecu and pcm???

Attachments

• V6 Out.jpg
    V6 Out.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 437

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Can you take the LED off the cluster PCB? Would that shift the problem - Not sure if thats the best way to go or not.

There are plenty of VT to VZ's without ABS

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
I was thinking that but it comes up on the lcd screen and the beeping is given me the s&^ts everytime i turn the igntion on, so doesnt really solve the problem.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Well there you go. I got no problem admitting I was wrong. I wasnt trying to say anyone else was wrong I just hadnt personally seen one without ABS before. But thanks for clearing it up. Learn something new every day :D

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
No worries at all mate :) and glad that you have been able to learn something new. Now hopeing that I can find a solution to the issue

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Yea ABS was an option on the VY/VZ standard One Tonner, it was standard equipment on the One Tonner S and the One Tonner Cross 6 though.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
could a one tonner S BCM work with the car...

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I was thinking that but it comes up on the lcd screen and the beeping is given me the s&^ts everytime i turn the igntion on, so doesnt really solve the problem.
Well Im sure the abs can be disabled via a tune. But its the bcm that broadcasts the message that the cluster picks up and displays the error.
The bcm looks for the "abs heartbeat", which is a message that the abs module fires off continuously to inform its current status and presence.

An alternative method to solving the issue (without needing a tune), is to send a "fake abs" message over the cars comms to trick the bcm to thinking that its all good. But this will either require a spare small laptop to run on startup each time.. or development of a little module to send the message on startup just as the abs module would... Can be easily done using an Arduino and a little diagnostic plug

But the easiest.. least hassle option is to do a tune. I can tell you now that there is no option in the bcm,cluster or pcm using a scantool that can disable it or even mask the error.

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Ok thanks a lot for that. I'll go and have it tuned and see if that does the trick.
If that doesn't work can I use the original bcm from the vz and link it as that bm wouldn't have the abs pulse or traction control because it was not there