Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disableing the ABS Dash lights

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Ok here goes, I have done an engine swap into my vz one tonner removed the v6 and put in a ls1. had a mate do it all so cost me next to nothing to change over. but the vz doesnt have ABS brakes, the ls1 obviously did and i was wondering how to i go about deleting the abs light on the dash cluster. i have spoken to holden and they cannot do anything as the the ls1 is looking for the abs.

Is there a any other way i can disable it other than scraping away the soldering on the circuit board of the dash???

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Doesn't make sense at all, your VZ should definitely have abs. and the engine has nothing to do with abs in any way either.

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
The VZ was only a v6 just the pov pack v6 version WITHOUT ABS. the vy ss that we took the motor and gear box out of had abs.
Holden said that because there is no ABS in the vehicle the ecu is looking for it and as it cant find it displays the light on the dash.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
A decent tuner can turn the ABS light etc off. I have an LS1 in a 78 Chev pickup, and obviously it doesnt have ABS.
My tuner man turned it, and the airbag light off when he did the VATS. I am using the Calais dash in my Chev.

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Ok no worries i will ask the place where i am going to have it tuned once i get the exhaust done and hope that they can get rid of it.

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Ok after some advice to see what to try next.
I have been to 3 different tuner places in regards to the ABS issue they have turned the abs and traction control off in the ecu, the problem lies in the BCM, as the BCM is sending the pulse looking for the ABS and traction control and flags the lights when it cannot be found. Had the HP tuner and also the Tech 2 thrown over it.

I was wondering if either
A: i could use the original VZ v6 BCM, or
B: get a BCM from a VY, V6 without the ABS or traction control?

I have access to a scan tool so linking the bcm to the ecu and pcm is no issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
I'm at a loss as to think a vs doesn't have abs. Wasn't it standard from vt onwards? My vs executive has abs. But as mentioned. It be doable thru a tune

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Well I can tell ya now it defiantly doesn't have abs I no the 1 tonners were made to use up excess parts from vy and vz models.
The sedans n wagon are standard and bit not the utes or one tonners.
You think by having it tuned it would get rid of it???

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Any chance you could take a picture of the engine bay mate? Id like to see it without the ABS. As they guys said above All commodores regardless of models from VT onwards are 'supposed' to have ABS as standard, never seen one without it. My partners mum has a VY V6 tonner and she has ABS (replaced it recently). Maybe its an optional part on the Tonners?. As for removing it i dont think it can be properly removed unless maybe you can get a really good tuner to completely remap the ECU/BCM.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
not true. i purchased a vt 1998 and it didnt have abs.