Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disableing the ABS Dash lights

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
I had the hp tuner n tech 2 in the PCM n told the PCM to stop looking for the abs and t/c but it keeps coming up as the bcm is flagging it. I might try get hold of the old bcm n try that relink it and see what happens as the original bcm in the vz didn't have abs or t/c being a vz. Of I'll get hold of a low series bcm which is out if a car without abs

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
There is nothing that you can program in the BCM as its a once off programmed module. I have had the Tech 2 and the HPTuner threw the PIM PCM and it is still flagging the error. I am going to try the VZ V6 BCM and relink it and see what happens as all the pins are the same. If it works well and good if not then i guess its back to square one.

reggie90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ One Tonner 5.7 LS1
Ok tried the original BCM and same issue abs light is still there. I have been told to try n reprogram the dash cluster as that's what is throwing the code. I've tried to get in and access it but I cannot manipulate anything inside the dash cluster.
I need to keep the bcm and can't disable the vats as I need the windows and mirrors etc
Any help would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

harrop.senator

I know this is an old thread but im the same boat. Pleaseeeeeeeee spill the beans.

H

harrop.senator

Just realised hasn't been on in a year. Le sigh. If anyone else has sorted this out I'll repay you in dirty demeaning ways.

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
wow, reggie is a right ****.
Even posts to say he solved it but doesn't put the solution in.

Got the same issue on a swap to a car that has no abs or abs module plugged in.
Funnily it wasn't doing it before i swapped out my harness for another harness for a different model, but using same BCM etc, so I'm 90% sure it can be turned off by grounding a wire or something somewhere.

Kdogg0303

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 Ute
Did anyone find how to fix please have swapped computers and need this fixed it drives me crazy the beeping and the light on all the time

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
A year later again, I don't suppose anyone found the solution to this?
I'm in a similar boat, transplanted most of the wiring and dash into a TransAM and have the ABS/Traction control errors coming up on startup, as well as randomly driving (usually bump or turn activated).

My problem is probably both the missing ABS and wheel sensors as well as a short/wiring issue, but it'd be nice to know exactly what the BCM expects to see from these and if it's possible to send a fake signal to it, or if it's as easy as grounding/unplugging something.

I didn't have the issue on my first body harness I wired up but from memory it was a vx ute body harness mixed with a VY LS1 engine harness.

The new one is both VY series II.

Also kudos to the clown who bothered to post he fixed it without offering the solution.