Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disappointed in Holden Melton

Chrisvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
My handbrake cable snapped at the front on my ss today, so I call my local Holden Dealer tell him the make model and VIN he says he dosent have one but will get it by 1.30
So whilst i wait i disassemble car, then drive down pick up new cable, install reassmble interior and, then discover its to long to adjust.
Call dealer ask if there is a difference between wagon and sedan and ute, he initially says no then I ask him to check, he then says ooops yes. Disassemble car again now waiting for correct part, How god damn hard can it be.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The sedans have a shorter wheelbase than wagons and utes. The dealer should have thought to ask which one you needed. A good parts interpreter would have known that. Your disappointment is justified.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Holden Melton... Fail!

Was my first stop when buying my new car as it's my local dealer, bloke was an absolute ####head, wasn't interested in selling me a car at all, so told him to get ####ed, went down the road to Kevin Dennis sunshine and purchased it!

Wankers, that's all. :p

Addylx8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Adventra LX8
oh gees, dont get it serviced in sunshine whatever you do, i took my baby there for its regular service and paid 475 bucks only to find out they didnt change oil or oil filer and they charged me for an air filter when i use a k&n filter!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The sedans have a shorter wheelbase than wagons and utes. The dealer should have thought to ask which one you needed. A good parts interpreter would have known that. Your disappointment is justified.

Yeah but how could the dealer get it wrong when hes working off the VIN?

hastey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Series 1 Auto
Alan Mance Holden Melton = FAIL

Try GM Motorsport around the corner