Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disconnected Hose

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hi guys, just noticed today that there was a disconnected hose near the drivers side rear wheel which runs to the charcoal canister i think?
I bought some 3ml fuel hose, but do i have to drop the tank to connect it?

Also there is a hose on the bottom of the throttle body that sit's on very loose, which i think is making my car idle rough and run like crap, What some good ways of keeping that hose on tight as there is alot of play in it & what's it for, Thanks in advanced.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
i think if you put your arm up inside the wheel arch and have a feel around the filler neck, you should find one that is disconnected. this will be the one you are looking for. there should be 3 of them. 2 to the dank and one to the metal pipe that runs to the charcoal canister.

that could be the PCV hose or positive crankcase ventilation hose. it should have a clamp on it. if not just get one to fit and put it on.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i'd be shining a torch in the wheel arch up towards the filler before sticking my hand up there (may need to unscrew the cover at the back of the wheel arch to gain access).... i've seen plenty of redbacks making a nice home in that part of the car.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
There is a cover that can be removed, so there is no need to blindly put your hand in there.

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I removed the cover already, and yeah i did shove my hand up there (thank #### i didn't get bitten by any redbacks) couldn't feel anywhere where the hose connected to though, i'll have another try today