Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disintgrating key fobs

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah she had a doctorate in some bullshit field… not medical at all… In my mind that just makes the fraud even more egregious cause she should have known better…

But it’s this sort of poor punishment dished out by these soft judges that encourages businesses to chase profits at the expense of following laws of the land. They make stuff for profit that is defective by design and we buyers have to fix these defective designs at our own cost. That’s why I say ACL needs some teeth to stop such profits that these manufacturers who design such crud that fails to meet basic ACL durability requirements make. And they make these illicit profits while boasting about their environmental credentials :mad:

Sidetrack....but talking about soft judges....

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...t-in-teacher-murder-plot-20220721-p5b3ep.html

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
But these WA judges will take a pensioners house under proceeds of crime cause he grew some small quantity of weed for his pain relief and gave some to others (didn’t sell it) for their pain relief although it was classified as trafficking by the prosecutors :mad: Haven't read what happened with the appeals or whether they’ve even been heard yet, guess it’s no longer ”news” :mad:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the judicial system in this country is fcuked up.
on one hand you will have someone steal a bit of money or grow some weed or some sh!t and they will get a jail term.
on the other you will have a girl kidnap a baby from a park with evidence that she intended to steal it and she walks away free.

that recent "doctor" with fake covid exemptions got a $25,000 fine for writing over 1200 counterfeit medical exemptions but she pocketed over $120,000 writing them so her punishment was to keep $95,000.
i will sign my wife up to do that if that is the outcome, why my wife? because if it was a male you can bet dollars to doughnuts that the outcome would have been different.

back to the topic of the vf key...
the design of the key is a but crap because over time the buttons will fall apart just from material fatigue because the buttons are a part of the shell so you have a moving part connected to a fixed part and over time that is going to break.
another thing with that is you cant just change the button pad you have to replace the whole side of the shell, i get that it is for water resistance but it is still a bit crappy.
the zb key is the same sort of fused design but it is designed in a way to reduce people jamming the fingernail into the key, it is more flat and concurve to encourage the use of the finger more than the nail.
after using both keys for a long time i do prefer the zb key design.

Holden-ZB-commodore-smart-key.jpg

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
She isn't a medical doctor.
I believe she has some sort of research doctorate and works in substance abuse as well as holistic (pretend) medicine.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
the judicial system in this country is fcuked up.
on one hand you will have someone steal a bit of money or grow some weed or some sh!t and they will get a jail term.
on the other you will have a girl kidnap a baby from a park with evidence that she intended to steal it and she walks away free.

that recent "doctor" with fake covid exemptions got a $25,000 fine for writing over 1200 counterfeit medical exemptions but she pocketed over $120,000 writing them so her punishment was to keep $95,000.
i will sign my wife up to do that if that is the outcome, why my wife? because if it was a male you can bet dollars to doughnuts that the outcome would have been different.

back to the topic of the vf key...
the design of the key is a but crap because over time the buttons will fall apart just from material fatigue because the buttons are a part of the shell so you have a moving part connected to a fixed part and over time that is going to break.
another thing with that is you cant just change the button pad you have to replace the whole side of the shell, i get that it is for water resistance but it is still a bit crappy.
the zb key is the same sort of fused design but it is designed in a way to reduce people jamming the fingernail into the key, it is more flat and concurve to encourage the use of the finger more than the nail.
after using both keys for a long time i do prefer the zb key design.

View attachment 240340
You have to do a lot more than steal "a bit" of money or grown "some weed" to go to gaol.
Same with proceeds of crime. Police have to show reasonable suspicion or likleyhood there has been significant financial gain and evidence it is linked to the assets before they can seize property or money.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You have to do a lot more than steal "a bit" of money or grown "some weed" to go to gaol.
Same with proceeds of crime. Police have to show reasonable suspicion or likleyhood there has been significant financial gain and evidence it is linked to the assets before they can seize property or money.

Unexplained wealth is sufficient cause.....in WA at least.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

The most recent case of stealing money...

Proceeds of crime...
$120,000 from counterfeit covid exemption certificates is not enough?

As much as you would like to think that is how it works, in reality it does not ;)

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
In WA you only need to be convicted of for example trafficking, even if you give the stuff away for free, and any assets used in that crime must be forfeited to the state if the prosecutor later requests such forfeiture post your conviction...

Sad part was that if the prosecutor or his lawyer told this to the pensioner who was growing weed for pain relief, either he would have gotten an agreement no forfeiture would be requested by the state if he pled guilty or he would never have pled guilty in the first instance and took his chances in court (where may be he could have been found guilty without conviction and hence no forfeiture of his house would then occur). The judge also didn’t perform his duty, IMO, in that he didn’t highlight the consequence of pleading guilty, such as being stripped of his main asset.

It’s really diengenuous of the prosecutor in this instance and highlights poor defence lawyers can also screw you even more by not advising you appropriately.