Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Display audio problem

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Signature Senator
Hi,

My sister has an Omega and now and then the radio will turn itself on and off by itself and then not even work at all for a day or 2.

This affects the aircon also so basically all of the instrument cluster in the middle of the dash.

Anyone heard of or experienced this themselves?

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Once?

One day lasy week, I turned on the car, but the centre console did not turn on. I turned the ignition off and turned it on again to find all then normal. Has not repeated.

I will watch for comments with interest.

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
Im sure people will say check this check that... But the easy answer is take it back to the dealer as thats what the warranty is for.

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok cool I will and keep you posted. I thought there might have been someone before me that did this and they found it to be that etc.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
This happens all the time to me. Unfortunately, you will find that the dealers will pretend it never happened and therefore tell you the car is operating normally.

I have to pull over, turn the car off, open a door and restart. Not kidding - if I don't open the door before restarting the car it doesn't seem to reset it.

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
I rang them yesterday and they said they will connect a tech II and see if they can reset something that way or if it is something more serious.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
The famous Tech II.

"The Tech II isn't showing any errors, sir"

"Your car is operating normally".

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
there is a software update for your (IRC)intergrated radio chassis. go into a dealership olr service centre and ask for it to be reflashed and your problem will go away
theres actually a techline out about the radios having your symptoms so if they say no it doesnt need it then get them to check their techlines....

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
This happens all the time to me. Unfortunately, you will find that the dealers will pretend it never happened and therefore tell you the car is operating normally.

I have to pull over, turn the car off, open a door and restart. Not kidding - if I don't open the door before restarting the car it doesn't seem to reset it.

your is the same deal with the radio and needs to ahve the climate control module updated aswell....if your not happy with the service at a dealership you can always go elsewhere for a second opinion.

most workshops will hav open arms to your problems cos they are an easy fix and you dont have to chase problems around the car.