Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Display audio problem

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Senator Slash, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ModySLR

ModySLR New Member

Members Ride:
    Lumina S / Commodore SV6
    I have an SV6 09 with the same problem. I've had the car for 2 years and some monthes. When I start the car, the stereo screen don't work for about 5-10 sconds. And that's it. It did happen to me about 4-7 times only. I don't think you should turn off the car and get out of it !
    Any way, only the screen light turns off for a bit, and that's all.

2. emot

emot New Member

Members Ride:
    2006 sv6 6spd
    LCD screen blanked out

my centre lcd screen intermitently blanked out and then flashed on.
    Days later it stopped working altogether, I cannot set the radio or any thing else.
    Can anyone assist in fixing it. It seems I can press the centre button and adjsut the radio but I get no feedback as to what I am adjusting.....Its out of warranty and the dealer wants 850 for a loom, LCD screen $155, + 115 per hour to diangose the issue, 8 hrs min to R&R.
    I have a GPS power cable hardwired thru the dash, the dealer arrnged this, could this casue issues?

3. RiCeY

RiCeY F O R U M W A R R I O R

Members Ride:
    VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 470rwhp
    8 hours to r&r wtf? Ive fitted a new screen in under an hour.

4. RayLamp

RayLamp Gone Fishin'...

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
    lol ive removed and replaced my screen within 15 seconds! This of course, does not include reprogramming etc.

Ive actually found that by doing this, it fixes the problems of both blank-screen-itis, and wierd-colour-hue-itis on the screen. And yes, I have had every bloody electrical fault known to ve-kind on mine, including replacing the entire stereo twice and the screen and additional third time. Plus a replaced BCM, HVAC module, 3 batteries, and more i cant think of now (mainly because i have tried to put it out of my mind). Still, we reached the point where all the service team knew me by name and didnt need to ask about details of my car - and it seems to start each morning and pretty much work properly!

Makes you wonder about holdens reasons for changing that screen on the series 2. I understand its a different brand/supplier. Sure, you get more features etc, and thats great for marketing. But I bet holden were sick of replacing the bloody things.

5. RiCeY

Members Ride:
    VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 470rwhp
    ssv has the screen in the radio facia, the OP has a sv6 which has the seperate screen hence taking longer to remove

6. RayLamp

RayLamp Gone Fishin'...

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
    My bad...

Still, all cars in series 2 get the new screen yeah? I wasnt aware that the other screens in series 1 were dodgy too!

7. RiCeY

Members Ride:
    VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 470rwhp
    Yeah Ive done a couple, not as common as the facia screen..

8. flyjoe180

flyjoe180 Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6
    Hi emot. My SV6 had the same issue, pulling and resetting fuse 7 in the cabin fuse box fixed the issue for me with no further issues.

9. Speed16

Speed16 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais V
    I had this exact problem with my old VE SV6. There is a problem between the BCM, HVAC and headunit/facia. A quick fix is to remove the facia by pulling on it from the bottom and cleaning the contacts between the facia and headunit. This worked for me a couple times. But while under warranty got Holden to do it.
    They replaced the headunit twice, the facia 3 times and reprogrammed the BCM and HVAC with updated software. Strange thing is every time they did something with it, the system was perfect for about a month before the problem started again. In the end close to the end of the warranty period during the 3rd headunit installation I traded it in and bought a Calais V, entertainment wise the upgrade is fantastic.