Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Display audio problem

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
your is the same deal with the radio and needs to ahve the climate control module updated aswell....if your not happy with the service at a dealership you can always go elsewhere for a second opinion..

I have already had a new HVAC module fitted.

Can you provide a techline number so I can ask the dealer about this specific issue?

most workshops will hav open arms to your problems cos they are an easy fix and you dont have to chase problems around the car.

Yes, isn't choice wonderful?. In fact, I'm onto my 4th dealership and 17th visit.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
I have already had a new HVAC module fitted.

Can you provide a techline number so I can ask the dealer about this specific issue?

Yes, isn't choice wonderful?. In fact, I'm onto my 4th dealership and 17th visit.
and how many times have they actually looked at it? if your not satisfied then get onto a holden warranty rep at the plant.
they can take your car and strip it down to nothing and restart allover again. suprised they ahvent by now cos we had a very early VE calais come back in 5 times for one fault that kept changing its symptoms and they took the car from us and stripped it back at the plant, went over everything and found a wire shorting in the b pillar causing the bcm to short out.

dont know why yours hasnt been fixed but i would be making a formal complaint to the head office if i were you cos by the sounds of it your not getting anywhere at a service centre

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
HahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahaha

Sorry. I'll post again in a little while. I just need to compose myself.

Senator Slash

Slashman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII HSV Signature Senator
Ok so we went into Holden yesterday and they did a check and said that yes there is a bulletin for replacing the display that from time to time blanks out for no reason.

I asked him to tech II it and he pulled some codes out to do with the braking computer (HVAC issue) something about when the car is cranking the pcm tells the other modules to ignore any faults because battery levels drop etc when starting then it tells them to come back online and read fault codes after the car has started and something else which I forget now.

He said the display bulletin was for the display only and there were no audio updates issued.

Its still under new car warranty so hoping they suss it all out.

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
What was the fix? My display has died now. I can live without the display in the meantime but it's really frustrating.

VE_Driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi Everyone,

Mine played up once or twice with not turning on at all. I had it serviced yesterday (45K) at a Holden dealer and told them about the problem, when I picked it up yesterday they told me that they had ordered a new one and they would fit it when it arrived. No questions asked, no hassle. Happy that they didn't poke around, they just decided to get a new one.

quincy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Poison Ivy Series 2
Hi Everyone,

Mine played up once or twice with not turning on at all. I had it serviced yesterday (45K) at a Holden dealer and told them about the problem, when I picked it up yesterday they told me that they had ordered a new one and they would fit it when it arrived. No questions asked, no hassle. Happy that they didn't poke around, they just decided to get a new one.

Mine was doing the same thing a couple of years ago , upon taking it to the dealer they did the same and didn't mess around to much just ordered and fitted a new one. Never had the problem occur again since change out.

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I fixed my SV6 center display. Pulled the fuse 7 and found it was dirty. Cleaned it and replaced the fuse, all good now.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I fixed my SV6 center display. Pulled the fuse 7 and found it was dirty. Cleaned it and replaced the fuse, all good now.

lol more than likey you reset the system by removing the fuse, not that a dirty fuse was the issue.