Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dissapear for a month..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hey all...

As the title says, Once i get my p's i've put some money together, I'm not working at the moment... I kind of want to dissapear from a month...

Thinking about going up to NSW to stay with a friend for a weekend, Then continue up to QLD find somewhere to stay reasonably cheap etc... An maybe continue around aus a little bit...

Suggestions?!?!?

Cheers
MaT

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
sounds good dude get away and forget every thing for awhile driving long distance is very relaxing i think looking at the senary

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I'd take camera, car chargers, video cam, tons of tapes........ I'd make it worth wild....... Do a lot of things i never could when i was younger because my parents are ill...

Cheers
MaT

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Findin Places to stay would be easy for u hozy.....
Just put up a thread of ur route round aus n find local JC member that would let u stay for a couple nights then u could drive to next destination and stay at another members house.....
Im sure u wouldnt have a problem findin sumwhere....

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
calais_cruzin said:
Findin Places to stay would be easy for u hozy.....
Just put up a thread of ur route round aus n find local JC member that would let u stay for a couple nights then u could drive to next destination and stay at another members house.....
Im sure u wouldnt have a problem findin sumwhere....

Well yeh thinking that... I'd prob go stay somewhere up in canberra, find someone up there from j/c that might put me up night or two...

Then off to NSW where i visit BENJI, Then maybe meet up with few other people there.

Then continue up to QLD, Say a big hello to garth, see another friend of mine up there... And maybe organise another quick car meet/get together lol... Go across to the NT maybe i dunno.....

I rekon i can get 1000km+ on full tank of gas & petrol(I would drive on gas most of the time an use petrol as reserve because you can always take a jerry can of petrol an u cant of gas).... I'd prob take up 2 spare wheels... All tools I needed.... Stuff like that. Some oil, coolant, Oil filter... I'm actually hunting for a VN car bra at the moment... And some HID spotties i can mount in my front bar... I'd take my Car jump park which is chargable via 12v cig, so it'd be fully charged an if i needed it i could use it.

I would take my laptop... I would take gps... And get australian maps on laptop... Sit it on passenger seat... Perfect...

Thinking about making a decent trip out of this...

Cheers
MaT

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
HoZy said:
I would take my laptop... I would take gps... And get australian maps on laptop... Sit it on passenger seat... Perfect...

use www.whereis.com.au to get the maps. its an awesome site. good luck on the trip, i did the same thing when i first got my licence and even though i was by myself i had a mad time, good memories.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Having seen the Eastern seaboard from Townsville to Melbourne I can tell you that you cannot comprehend how much there is out there. If you get up north I've heard that a pub called the woolshed in cairns is worth a look. I would recommend checking out Arlie Beach, Sunshine coast, Gold Coast Brsibane, Coffs Harbour at least.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeh gold coast on a friday and saturday night is awesome except for the 10,000 turbo skylines, they park out at the spit near sea world and its pretty intimidating

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
87rb30devil said:
yeh gold coast on a friday and saturday night is awesome except for the 10,000 turbo skylines, they park out at the spit near sea world and its pretty intimidating

Might have to Connect up a Sc14 with 8psi pulley just for this trip... I got a mate i rekon i could borrow one from hahaha...

Cheers
MaT

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah the Broad water car park goes off up ere soo many ppl go there...
I went there on saturday night with JME_17...
It was packed heaps of nice commies there shoulda went round tellin ppl bout the site.....

The only time ppl meet at the spit is when BWCP is closed then everyone goes to the spit.....

Yeah well when u com up hozy we will have to do a trip into there.....