Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dissy

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
How is the new dissy set up going? Happy with it?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Those are rubbish. Get a good second hand bosch unit. I purchased one and it's no good - had over 40 degrees of mechanical advance and the mechanism isn't very good at all. Wouldn't advance consistently, whereas the bosch was progressive and provide the correct advance at the correct time. Older tech with bushes instead of bearings, but very well made.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Those are rubbish. Get a good second hand bosch unit. I purchased one and it's no good - had over 40 degrees of mechanical advance and the mechanism isn't very good at all. Wouldn't advance consistently, whereas the bosch was progressive and provide the correct advance at the correct time. Older tech with bushes instead of bearings, but very well made.

Yep i thought of getting a good second hand unit but they aren't always easy to come by. Did you get the exact same one I linked to on ebay? It is cheaper than commys one. There are more expensive ones around but i do not know about the build quality.

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yep i thought of getting a good second hand unit but they aren't always easy to come by. Did you get the exact same one I linked to on ebay? It is cheaper than commys one. There are more expensive ones around but i do not know about the build quality.
Yes, got that exact box. Still have it in the shed. Ended up just using the ignition module, rotor button and cap on my old dizzy.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Ebay
Extramileautoparts $180
Dandenong

Happy with it?

They sell a Fuelmiser model. Probably better build quality than the cheapies on Ebay...

Last edited:

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Practically everyone says ditch the EST. There are quite a few on ebay but i don't know which are good and which are crap. Anyone got a link to a good one on ebay to get rid of the EST dissy on a black carby 202?