Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY install VE SSV lowering kit

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
Gday , has anyone out there lowered their own VE SS at home ? Im chasin some "how to" pictures and instructions . I got a bit of time on my hands so i wouldnt mind attempting it myself , iv got the 50mm lowered shocks and kingspring kit front and back waiting to go on. any help appreciated , chEerz.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I recall another thread about this a while (probably about 1 year) ago but I didn't pay much attention to it.
If you do a search, you might be able to find it.

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
searched and found nothing , maybe it's me bung eye playn tricks on me again.

chris148

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
i installed my springs in my sv6 ute. was pretty easy. you need to buy a spring compressor which is about $50 from peps auto spares you only need to undo like 6 bolts on the rear each side and about 5 at the front each side. you need a few sockets and shifters

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I recall another thread about this a while (probably about 1 year) ago...

I think I remember reading something about a home job done too. Just did a quick search but couldnt find anything.
By memory there was something about the 'compressing the springs' part which caused delays, and the discussion highlighted a method in which considerable time would be saved.
I'll have another search...

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
kool , sounds easy enough , iv done springs on a few hq'z and older cars before .

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Why bother? You have a $30 or $40k car and you are concerned with saving $200 or $300? Get it done by your local mechanic and strike a up a working relationship with him, this alone should save you moe than the labour on installing the springs.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
+1 for the working relationship with a good mechanic. If you get all your work done through the one reputable mechanic and get to know their business, the extra care they'll take with your car and the info they'll give you will far outweigh the couple of hundred outlay.

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
its not about saving a couple hundred bucks , i have the next week off and want to do it myself , plus i might learn something . started it today and took some pikz along the way so il post em all when im done . cheerz