Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY PDR ( Paintless Dent Removal )

mattvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ S Ute
Hi All, Not sure if I should post here but its VZ related.
Some numb nuts opened there door on my car .Only a minor door dent just above the drivers door handle but I hate dents .I was going to havea crack at removing it myself and taking the door trim off and using PDR (paintless dent removal ) techniques to massage the dent out. Has anyone had a crack at this sort of work ? being an ex Fitter and Machinist and have worked with sheet metal before I dont think it would be too hard to DIY . Not sure what sort of tool I should make up .
Also I have noticed on a lot of VZ's that where the door handles are , there seem to be slight creases in the door skins ( when you look down the pannel with the light reflection ) you can notice it. Im guessing its from strain on the door handle when opening and closing the door.
Anyway have been looking on the web for any info on tools and usage ( I reckon I can make my own tools up to do the job)
Cheers
Matt

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
I know the local guy here that does PDR.. he has that many different tools its not funny, all with different bends, different lengths and different ends on them.
Have watched him closely doin it and it seems easy enough but not sure i'd have a go myself lol..

Biggest thing i think is to take it real slowly and dont try to do it in one push, slowly massage it back out, just be careful not to push too hard and crack paint. Not sure on the commodore panels but when i was watching him do my old Sti they were very soft and flexible.

mattvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ S Ute
If I ever get some free time I will give it a crack myself , May take some pics too