Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY Power Windows

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
This topic has prolly been posted 10 times already. But I was just wondering how much work, equipment and money would go into putting in front power windows to my VY s1. Ive been told that there should already be a harness already located where the power switches would go. I gotta say, im getting fed-up with wind-up windows. haha

thanks

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
to do it, which i am about to start, you will need the 4 regulators, front and rear window switches and the BCM(if you wanna go that way). As for the wiring looms good luck cause my series one does not have any wiring in it at all, you do do one of two things, buy the full wiring harness or make it yourself. with the website that cobra30(thanks for that) it should be pretty straight forward to hook up to the BCM and switches. i am about to put them into my car so ill let you know how it goes.

calaiscruiser76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS STATESMAN - VK GROUP A/3 Replica (Project)
Hi, I want to install pwr windows into my VT Series ! wagon. I have bought the regulators, door looms, but I don't have the center console loom!! Please let me know how you went with your install
Regards,
calaiscruiser76:thumbsup:

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
I thought about this for my VY series I V6 base model ute.
But the swapping of the BCM for one with the windows option then requires the BCM / Key heads / PCM to be all linked up.
Then there was no wiring in place already. Nothing in the harnesses under the dash, nothing in the door harnesses, nothing in the console harness so it looks a mission to complete.
A friend said he reckons he could fit the power window set up and controls with out going through the BCM, while still fitting a timer to close the windows after the ignition is switched off.

Cheers

Deek

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
i got my power windows all hooked up and it works well, i got the BCM from a wreckers for 125 with key head and i bought two more key heads off ebay for 35 and holden charged me $43 to swap and program the bcm and keys, if your wanting to do it the holden way then follow cobras diagram on his website you cant go wrong. and also if you get the wiring looms from the doors of a VY then you can just do a straight swap in the doors, but i made up the loom that goes through the car, wasnt difficult just time consuming. if you have any more questions then dont hestitate to ask