Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do 18X8 VE Rims need spacers?

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Rims are being done tomorrow, $25 per rim

dont forget you will need different wheel nuts, the VE nuts wont fit your thread and your original mag or standard nuts wont hold the wheel, ask the machining shop which ones u will need while you are there (cant remember)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
this is certainly not the way to machine the hubs on rims :bang:

fully agree........take them to bob jane or some other place that will to the job 100% ( DIY with a die griner is silly)dont listen to vs berlina11 go get it done prop(not in your back yard)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FULLY AGREE WITH wraith as well vs berlina11 he thinks he knows all (but knows nothing or very little)
You have no idea about what your talking about. I just hope no one has taken your advice. The wheel studs are not there to take the weight of a rim.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
FULLY AGREE WITH wraith as well vs berlina11 he thinks he knows all (but knows nothing or very little)

It may be a bit of a silly suggestion made by vs Berlina11, but how do you come up with this rubbish about how he thinks he knows it all?You are the one who posts answers in EVERY post on the website..are you sure you dont think you know it all?Wraith already posed about how doing what vs berlina said to do is not a good idea,we dont need someone repeating it 100 times.Grow up,or at least try to be an adult about things. Why not post up something to show the guy why its not good to do what he suggested,not everyone on this site is a mechanic or a know it all mate,or havent you worked that out yet.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Are VE wheels +48 offset? If they are 8" wide anything with that offset and 245 tyres will rub on the inside rear of a VS ute. The fronts will be right.

godatfourdigital

Reaction score
Members Ride
EH Holden, VS Ute
wheels are all done, i read a post on here and apparently i have the right wheel nuts...

the wheel nuts i have are for the standard alloy vs s3 15inch rims, they have a larg flange and should be right to use.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE studs are slightly fatter.
wheels are all done, i read a post on here and apparently i have the right wheel nuts..

the wheel nuts i have are for the standard alloy vs s3 15inch rims, they have a larg flange and should be right to use.

godatfourdigital

Reaction score
Members Ride
EH Holden, VS Ute
when i say all done i mean all machined, being fitted tomorrow morning, ill have pics for everyone tomorrow, including before and after shots of it at std height and old rims, to new height and new rims