Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do 18X8 VE Rims need spacers?

godatfourdigital

Reaction score
Members Ride
EH Holden, VS Ute
Oldrimoldheight.jpg

NewRimLowered.jpg

Newrimlowered2.jpg

i still have the 245 45 18 on the back they are pretty good tyres, so ill leave them for a few months, they only jsut scrub not enough to worry about ill drive it nice...

i put new 235 40 18 on the front.

$400 for the rims
$100 machine
$380 2 tyres, balance, wheel alignment, fitting

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
fillls the rear arches nicely ( YOU GOT THE WHEEELS THEMSELVES AT A GOOD PRICE)
Oldrimoldheight.jpg

NewRimLowered.jpg

Newrimlowered2.jpg

i still have the 245 45 18 on the back they are pretty good tyres, so ill leave them for a few months, they only jsut scrub not enough to worry about ill drive it nice...

i put new 235 40 18 on the front.

$400 for the rims
$100 machine
$380 2 tyres, balance, wheel alignment, fitting

godatfourdigital

Reaction score
Members Ride
EH Holden, VS Ute
fillls the rear arches nicely ( YOU GOT THE WHEEELS THEMSELVES AT A GOOD PRICE)

once i drop the backs back to 235 40, they will shrink alittle

yeah i know it was a good price, to tell the truth i wasn't looking for wheels, bloke at work told me on monday he had the ve rims and said i could haven them for 400 so i said yeah righto haha...

picked up the rims on wednesday, droped off at the wheel shop on friday morning, picked up friday arvo, in fro tyres thismorning and all done not even a week after being offered the rims

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
what your going to drop it some more? she looks good as>she looks a tiny hi at the front....the rear look smick,,,,lol each to thair own ...lower her untill your happy.....cheers
once i drop the backs back to 235 40, they will shrink alittle

yeah i know it was a good price, to tell the truth i wasn't looking for wheels, bloke at work told me on monday he had the ve rims and said i could haven them for 400 so i said yeah righto haha...

picked up the rims on wednesday, droped off at the wheel shop on friday morning, picked up friday arvo, in fro tyres thismorning and all done not even a week after being offered the rims

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
what height springs did you put in??

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
i had pedders front and rear(cant remember the size) i had to cut my bump stops in half as well, handled like it was on rails,(had a full nolathian susp as well front and rear witha strut brace to hold the front tight as well. mine was on 17inch roh mantas extra wide wheeels)
what height springs did you put in??

godatfourdigital

Reaction score
Members Ride
EH Holden, VS Ute
No no no sorry. I meant, when I drop the rear tyres from 45 profile back to 40 profile it will look alittle different.

I have super lows front and back. With Monroes to suit.

I have no interest in dropping it any more. If anything I'd rather it up maybe 10mm all around. But I'm getting use to it as it is

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Sorry if this has been covered but when i recently added my 22 inch rims the guys at bridgestone told me that the centre hub and wheel nuts both take weight.
As the holes in the rim are larger diameter to suit a ve there not suitable for pre ve cars..
He said that no bridgestone dealer would (or should) fit stock ve rims to an older model...having to much play is dangerous and could be an issue insurance wise.

godatfourdigital

Reaction score
Members Ride
EH Holden, VS Ute
what your saying is that the ve rim center bore size is bigger then the pre ve rim bore size... not true, that is why the ve rims are machined larger to suit the pre ve cars. i can assure you that on my rims, the center bore is a nice snug fit.