Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do I have the right Ute bump stops

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have installed one of the new purple bump stops then I realised the original ones are longer than the purple ones I bought, I asked for bump stops to suit a lowered Ute as my Ute has yellow rear springs, with the purple one installed I poked my head under to look at the bump stop and the bottom of the bump stop sits about level with the bottom of the yellow spring and the bump stop is not sitting on the plate on the diff it has a gap of about 40mm.

Attachments

• New Bump Stops.jpg
    New Bump Stops.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 83

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If I read this correctly, you must have the correct bump stop....You wanted bump stops to suit a lowered ute, so the bump stop will be shorter to allow for the shorter spring installed

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
They're bumpstops for lowered car....keeping stock bump stops on lowered ute makes rear end unpredictable when it smashes on bump stop mid corner.

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I dont think I was clear enough I'll try again, as far as I know I have the rear lowered because it has yellow springs (I dont know how to tell if its lowered by looking at it) but it might not be lowered and the original black bump stops were able to sit on the plate located on the diff when off the jack with no weight in the back of the Ute but with one side having a new purple bump stop it does not sit on the plate, so when any type of bump stop is installed whether its lowered or not are they suppose to sit on the plate on the diff or is there meant to be a gap because my new bump stop has a 40mm gap about the same gap between the new and old bump stop length.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There should be a gap.

H

harrop.senator

Well wouldn't work well as a bump stop if it was always jammed up against the frame in my opinion.

It sounds like the utes very low and was riding the bump stops.

If you're struggling to make your point clear and still confused. Try uploading a picture installed , they tell 1000 words.

Two side by side look same enough to me ones just shorter for lowered utes.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
They're bumpstops for lowered car....keeping stock bump stops on lowered ute makes rear end unpredictable when it smashes on bump stop mid corner.
Mine is lowered 1 inch, and standard bump stops aren't a problem. The OP said yellow springs (KIngs?) but not if they are super/ultra low.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You're meant to have a gap so there is some suspension travel...that's why shorter version for lowered springs.

No gap means it's bottomed out & drive like it's supposed fully loaded,rough roads or cornering etc