Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do i need a amp for my speakers??

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
ok great thats the info i love, yea i was liking the pioneer too. so would it be better to run the rear speakers off the headunit? or could i run the front speakers off the headunit and rear off the amp?? what would be the pros/cons for doing it either way??

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
You sit in the front, amplify the front speakers. A lot of people stagger their budget toward front speakers and just buy something cheap for the rear, some people don't run any rear speakers. They are for your passengers more than yourself, they are far less important than fronts.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
With a budget of $700 I wouldn't even bother with rears = more money for better amp = louder sub and front speakers

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
You sit in the front, amplify the front speakers. A lot of people stagger their budget toward front speakers and just buy something cheap for the rear, some people don't run any rear speakers. They are for your passengers more than yourself, they are far less important than fronts.

Yes that makes alot more sense, i didn't look at it that way, thanks mate. found the speakers off ebay for $150 for a pair so i might get one set for now, ill put them into the rear as im not sure if i will put vr/vs front pods in.. i also bought a Kenwood KDC 153 from Auto Pro for $95 today. slowly getting things for the sound sound system.

hellshealer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6
i personally prefer the sound comming at me from behind, i have my type R alpines in the rear and typs S 4's in the front, the rear speakers are the amplified ones. the sound bounces off the rear windscreen and its pree awesome

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hmm.. have you ever had the R's in the front amplified, to compare? Why would you want all the sound coming from behind you? By the time it's reached you you've lost a lot of volume, you won't get many of the high frequencies.

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Put them in the front mate, not the rear!
Ill be putting the first set in the back cause im not sure if i will be getting vr/vs front pods for the doors yet. but if i dont get the front pods ill get 5" or whatever i can fit on the dash mount but upgrade them to type r, depending if i have the cash..

went to repco for a a quote on the amp and sub, the sub is about $270 inc freight. and amp is $300. then i went on went on ebay US and found the sub for $180 inc postage and warrenty and amp for $220 inc postage and warrenty.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
what sub and amp?

the other thing is that speakers mounted in the parcel shelf will get badly abused by the pressure created by the sub in the boot.