Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do i need to recalibrate my cluster if i put in HSV 250kmph Speedo dials

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
so your saying that you need to change the cog in the gearbox? I thought its was straight swap. Well i feel like a dumb arse now. I know stealthy swapped his i never saw him mention you had to change anything else

I was talking about a cog in the cluster. I pretty sure if you put the WHOLE cluster in it work just fine,but im looking at using just the dials,which is little more then a plastic face on the cluster itself

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I was talking about a cog in the cluster. I pretty sure if you put the WHOLE cluster in it work just fine,but im looking at using just the dials,which is little more then a plastic face on the cluster itself

LOl i get u now still even that makes me feel like a dumb arse :p

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
When I had an HSV 250 kph speedo installed in my VS Calais there was no calibration required. I watched the guy from Holmart install it - only took 5-10 mins to install in the standard Calais cluster.

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If you fit a L3 HSV 250k cluster and patch loom it will work fine. You can fit a L3 250k speedo to any l3 cluster and it will work.

If you wish to adjust a level 2 cluster you with a 250k dial you will need a correcter box thingo to calibrate the speedo.