Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do i really have an ssz???

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
If it was marketed to you as an SSZ then id be taking the matter further..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'd have to agree with the others on this thread - if you purchased the car from a dealer and it was advertised and represented as something it is not, they might be subject to action under whatever State laws apply for false advertising. However, as you purchased the car and apparently were satisifed with the transaction, it may also be that you are buggered and will just have to llive with the car as it is without redress.

If you are a member of a motoring organisation such as the NRMA, they have a legal section which provides advice free of charge to members on motoring laws etc. Might be worth giving them a go.

godzilla_42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
thanks for all that guys. i have to agree with most of u that it probably is just an ss with different badges. and yes it was advertised to me as an ssz however the price was cheaper than another vz ss there so i'm not too worried. plus the other one was all standard and mine has the basic intake/exhaust/wheels already done. i understand that what they did was technically illegal however i'm happy so i don't really wanna do anything

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
If you're happy just let it be, dealers are absolute ****s to deal with, and unless you're really bothered just cut and run and enjoy the car :)

mas996

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
if it was sold to you as an ssz take it back. especially if were charged the price of an ssz.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Chuck some pics up so we can have a look.

DANIEL_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7
if it was sold to you as an ssz take it back. especially if were charged the price of an ssz.

He just said he is happy and that it was cheaper.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The SSZ actually has it's own code in the Holden program. I looked one up and it comes up as an SS but amongst the option codes (trim, paint and options etc.) it will have a code for the SSZ. The thunder may be the same, I'll have a look at it when I go back to work and see if there a code for it.

mrssz

05' VZ SSZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
hey buddy I have a genuine vz ssz and if you got sold a ss claiming to be a ssz then i would be spewing big time! May I ask what you paid for it? I paid $26 990 for mine about 1 year ago, had 70,000kms and had 5years holden certified used car warranty. Basically the ssz came out with $6000 worth of extra's

- red ssz hi-performance pbr brakes
- bluetooth hands free
- reverse parking sensors
- ssz embossed front seats
- ssz instrument cluster
- monaro volt and oil pressure gauges
- ssz badging
- 5 x 18 inch vz monaro wheels

hope this helps mate, and if your happy with your car well thats great! I just would be a bit pissed off at the dealer for false advertising....:bang: