Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do i really have an ssz???

godzilla_42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
hey everyone, i just recently purchased a VZ SSZ... or did i? my car has the ssz badges on it however it doesn't seem to have ALL of the SSZ features. i rang the dealer that i bought it from and gave them the VIN. they told me that my car is an SS with an options package and they also tell me that the ssz WAS just an ss with options. however as my car doesn't have everything the ssz had, for example it doesn't have the dash mounted guages and it doesn't have SSZ written on the seats or main guages... i'm just wondering if anybody can tell me if there was maybe some people that may have ordered an ssz without every single option or maybe the original owner just bought an ss and put the ssz badges on it? if anybody can give me any little details as to how i can find out if it really is an ssz that would be awesome... it's confusing the heck out of me and the dealer isn't helping much. also, if someone does know a bit, could they maybe post an answer on here and send the same info in an e-mail for me as i do shift work and may not be able to answer straight away. my email address is [email protected]

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
uhhh. if you could pick out options in an ssz. why would they make it in the first place. well if the dealer said it was a SS then its a SS =D haha and nobody would go through all that trouble and take out everything

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Pictures mate, they really help.

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
only thing u gotta ask urself is, is did the dealership sell it to u as an SS or an SSV and what the price difference between the two are, but yeah sounds like u got an ss with a different badge

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It's an SS. The binnacle gauges and cluster facia were never options on the SSZ, they were just standard.

You should also have SSZ stitched leather seats if it's real, and some other bits and bobs like bluetooth and park assist.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Didn't they run Monaro 18's or 19's as well, rather than standard SS rims?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yup with the SSZ logo in em ...

sounds like the salesmans confused too

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
yup with the SSZ logo in em ...

sounds like the salesmans confused too

Not with the ssz logo in them. I think your thinking of the cv8z which does have the logo in the rims.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
ah perhaps I am

I thought SSZ had the logo in them too but perhaps it was just the CV8Z which is used to make them more special :whistling

I'll shut up now :thumbsup: