Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do I rebuild

Amys ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vtss series 2 6 speed
Hi there ok i have a vtss series 2 6 speed the cam has been done under drive to sound awesome I love it but a valve spring broke didn't damage anything else so I bought brand new 243 heads an spring an retainers to replace the crap 241s that are on bettsie so I got one side of fldrivers side proved to be a lot harder for me I only had the book to go of but a bit of water was in on top of the piston I didn't no was there cause I couldn't get the driver side of then I left it an came back when I could escape from the kiddos now that dried up an has done damage to the block so i cleaned it up the best I could but it needs to be rebuilt so the cost of that I have learnt so far is around the same as a 6 ltr but I don't want it stock I want it to go an sound obviously better then mine did I never seen the paper work but mine is ment to have got 286 on the Dino I never seen so there I can't say 100 %but she did go great a head turner for sure I love her so we're I'm at us do I just rebuild mine or get a 6ltr an get her tricked up a bit or just rebuild my ls1 I seen a ls2 for 4500brand new an what I have seen is it is going to cost the same to rebuild my ls1 so I would want to use as much as I could of my ls1 but because I have the new 243heafs an springs already should I keep what I no or go the 6ltr thanks for reading any advise would be great cheers an thanks for reading

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The LS2 is an HSV only engine and requires a different ECU (E40 I think) and reluctor wheel, not to mention the HSV VATTS (security). You will end up spending more than the 4.5k on extra bits needed to make it run.
From there you can go a Holden gen4 6lt in L76, L77 or L98 guise. Same thing with computers and wiring though, and displacement on demand delete if required.
This is all a bit hazy to me now, hopefully someone with a great deal more knowledge than I will chime in.

Last edited:

Amys ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vtss series 2 6 speed
The LS2 is an HSV only engine and requires a different ECU (E40 I think) and reluctor wheel, not to mention the HSV VATTS (security). You will end up spending more than the 4.5k on extra bits needed to make it run.
From there you can go a Holden gen4 6lt in L76, L77 or L99 guise. Same thing with computers and wiring though, and displacement on demand delete if required.
This is all a bit hazy to me now, hopefully someone with a great deal more knowledge than I will chime in.
Awesome thank you merry Christmas