Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Do not buy reversing camera kit from asl automedia

hal9000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 my2012
Warning!

Do not buy a reversing camera kit from asl automedia for your ve commodore as it has just crashed my IQ system.
Followed the instructions they supplied to the letter. But it failed twice to link in with the IQ screen, now Holden have told me my system will need completely resetting, and because the car is still under warranty, and the camera is an aftermarket product, it means that the screen is no longer under warranty and I have to pay for a new one. It means I have no radio, phone, air conditioning. To say I'm p****d off would be an understatement. Some how now I have to save up to pay for all this just to getting back to working without the camera.
Will keep you posted on what happens.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
have you bothered to contact asl about this?

hal9000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 my2012
Have spoken to them, they were very helpful but unfortunately the options they gave didn't work.
So out of desperation I heard somewhere that by disconnecting the battery and leaving it off over night or longer it will reset the whole IQ system back to factory settings.
So I tried that and and left it off for a whole day and night (just to make sure), reconnected battery and hey presto it worked!
I now have my radio, phone, aircon the whole thing. Unfortunately the camera isn't working but at least I have everything else back again.
I spoke to Holden after doing it and they said they can activate the camera option on the IQ by using their computer for half an hour labour cost.
So car now booked in with them.
I will say that asl auto media were helpful but for some reason even they couldn't work out, it just wouldn't work on my car. So apologies to ASL if I implied they were no good. It just didn't work on my car.
So I guess it's a case of buyer beware.