Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do NOT get a solid flywheel put in a manual VT

JoeFish

Reaction score
Website
www.nuciforacarcare.com
Members Ride
98 VT Executive
THanks for all the heads up guys. Really appreciate it.

Just would like to close this forum stating that this was only my oppinion from what I have experienced.

I am just over it now, not gonna let it get to me. But thanks again for all the help :)

Cheers,
Joe

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
Had a solid put in not long ago, Bit of a rattle at idle and little more jerky on take off but feels way more solid and much more reliable.

Drifting-Jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pack
I have a 99 VT S pac, My clutch is getting a bit 'used' and i want to put a HD clutch in, but i dont know if i should go single mass or dual mass. I dont have big HP but i do a few skids and want it to hold up. Im not sure if my flywheel is stock... Is dual mass better, or solid.? Thanks.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The question which nobody has asked yet, which clutch did you put in it?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, the OP hasn't been on the forum since late 2012.

Thread is almost 4 years old.........

The ecotec V6 is an externally balanced engine, when changing the flywheel you should have the new one mirror balanced to the old one and as Reaper mentioned it would probably pay to have the clutch pressure plate included when getting it balanced.

I have a 99 VT S pac, My clutch is getting a bit 'used' and i want to put a HD clutch in, but i dont know if i should go single mass or dual mass. I dont have big HP but i do a few skids and want it to hold up. Im not sure if my flywheel is stock... Is dual mass better, or solid.? Thanks.

The issue with the dual mass flywheel is that when you change the clutch, you have to change the flywheel as well. Either way, you should get the new flywheel/clutch mirror balanced to the old unit coming off.

Google dual mass flywheel, there is a good vid on youtube explaining what it does. IF you intend to have some fun and give the clutch/flywheel a hard time then the solid is probably the better option. Should you kill the clutch at least with a solid, get it ground, throw on a new clutch and your off killing tyres again.

Stious

Reaction score
Members Ride
Svz ute,thunder 6lt,hj ute,hg ute
Yeah single is **** no pedal,locked out of gears ,noisy and vibrates