Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do old Warren and Brown torque wrenches need calibrating

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You just want it checked and no need for calibration for home use.
Is there any way on these type of torque wrenches to adjust if it is out ?

You adjust the scale plate, just like a diopeter sight on a rifle, rather easy with the torque meter.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
All torque wrenches go out of calibration due to use or abuse. I get mine done every 2 to 3 years. I pay for a basic calibration and I'm a tech I'm not paying for a cert which is only needed for aircraft ect.

If you don't know the condition of the torque wrench it's advised to get it checked and it wont cost much hell some guys would probably check it for free.

And to anyone that is wondering about how they do it, they use a device that measures torque and a screw that moves the wrench so when it clicks or beeps it gives you the reading if the wrench doesn't match you adjust the adjuster untill it does.

Snap-on actually sell calibration units, ranging from cheap to very expensive. The most expensive are mounted on a table/toolbox

Norbar sell a digital torque checker for workshop use just as a quick check to double check the wrench is in cal.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Any old torque wrench particularly well used & abused ones should be recalibrated...rarely if ever done by backyarders.