Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do slotted rotors have much advantage over normal rotors?

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
Do slotted rotors have much advantage over normal rotors?

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
yes for sure, good rotors (slotted) and good pads will make a world of difference

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You get the added advantage of less brake fade, as the brake slows you down the gas expands but instead of providing a cushion between the brake pedal and the disc it relieves pressure out of the slots.

And you get the advantage of keeping the brake pad surface unglazed. Which generally means less squeak, and better performance.

They look cool. They don't crack like cross drilled rotors. And you have better braking performance. Just combine it with some fresh pads and some good dot4 fluid.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you drive it hard and wait until you're 2 metres from where you want to stop before braking then yes they are an advantage, otherwise normal driving you will notice the difference but the cost is probably not worth the look. They do work a lot better when you have ABS however, this I have noticed.

Last edited:

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I might get them for my VK. I think they are about $50 a pair more than standard rotors. :)

cpdrmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hey buddy i have sloted rotors on my vp, now im driving a vt but i dont really notice the diff

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
hey buddy i have sloted rotors on my vp, now im driving a vt but i dont really notice the diff

like comparing chalk with cheese, the Vt has a 2 pot caliper which pushes more pad onto the rotor where as the VP is only a single pot caliper and the pad tends to flex

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If your rotors are shagged it is probably worht spending the extra on slotted in my opinion, when my front rotars went under the machining limit i just got stocko's only to be peeved off a week later when I realised I could have had a pair of slotted rotars from rice barn for about $130 or so on special.

If your rotars go, grab a few catalouges and have a quick look around I reckon.

vswgn_55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon Executive
yeah guys just on this topic, im thinking of puttind dba rotors in my vs, how ever if i do this im also thinking of getting VT calipers. any ideas/thoughts would be great and also what about the back???

cheers