Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do slotted rotors have much advantage over normal rotors?

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
on my vn v8, went from standard to cross drilled and slotted,,,,,i do not know how they stopped a vn from factory standards,...... mine have made so much difference. They dont glaze up under heavy braking, i feel so much safer

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yeah guys just on this topic, im thinking of puttind dba rotors in my vs, how ever if i do this im also thinking of getting VT calipers. any ideas/thoughts would be great and also what about the back???

cheers

if you want to go down the route of a VT twin spot conversion then don't get slotted rotors to suit the VS as the VT uses a different size rotor. have a look around ebay, there are normally a few VT kits on there or try hopper stoppers

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
just go to your local bursons, auto barn or super cheap and get them to match up dba slotteds to your vehicle, iv got them on my vyss, have noticed a difference especially when braking hard, i put bendix ultimates in and they chewed the disc out quick, then machined them, and put the bendix gt's in and there heaps better on the slotted rotors, not as harsh and still stop just as gwd.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
i had bought some slotted ones of ebay to put on at my next service as i needed new discs and wow.. even the ebey ones where great, new pads and you could instantly tell the difference.

As for slotted at the back, its mainly a wank cus most of the braking is done up front. they look good but i doubt you'll notice any difference.

Just_a_stocker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP exe
apparently they cannot be machined, which would be their only downfall.
so i would use good brake pads to keep them wearing evenly.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Slotted rotors don't suffer the same heat issues as the stock ones, so in theory, they shouldn't ever need machining.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Would there be any difference in brake dust? Or would that have more to do with the pads themselves?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the pads were dusty anyway, it would build up faster.

RUN41T

Go forth and modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 Vb Sle
I have a Vx, i swapped the stock rotors for x-drilled and slotted items + Bendix ultimate pads and it made a MASSIVE difference, i recomend it to everyone! :)