Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do they exist? -- VY LED side mirrors

sekah

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYI Calais
I've been thinking about potential upgrades and mods for my new vy calais, and i thought that a pair of chrome (maybe?) LED side mirrors would set it apart from every other vy on the road :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if the vy calais has wiring for LED side mirrors or is this whole idea just a pipe dream :(

cheers for your time guys

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I know it's been done before. You might be hard pressed to find a place to buy them. And no, the Calais dont have the lights in them.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
I've only seen VT/VX style ones. It's not hard to run the wiring :)

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
i don't think they make it in the angular shape that suits the VY/VZ. if you wanted angular lights with LED indicators, might i suggest some epica mirrors? they looks similar-ish and have the LED's. i'm contemplating a set for mine :D
CC

sekah

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYI Calais
thanks CruznCalais you're right about the shape, thanks to caaf i've found heaps of rounded and chrome LED side mirrors but none that would really fit the shape of the VY....so onto the hunt of Epica mirrors, or something with a similar shape.

But even if i find a set, what's the point if the VY doesn't have any wires to control the blinkers?

i'm not very electrically minded in case you couldn't guess lol

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
auto electrician should be up to the task of tapping into the wiring for the fender indicators mate. i was planning to do it that way

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Would you try to retain the side repeaters on the front guards as well as the mirror indicators? It might look odd with all those lights flashing front, back and sides. You would need to consider bypassing the guard repeaters and just using their wiring to feed up to the mirrors.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Theres a reason they don't make them.....cause there bloody ugly! Stock FTW

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
you could do that, but i don't think it would look that out of place... personally i'd leave the side repeaters hooked up as well, but with an LED globe to match the speed of the mirrors. thats just me though. some people may just want one or the other