Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do towbars require Canbus Module?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
I fitted mine myself. Genuine GM kit. Can certainly verify the module was plug and play. It even doubles the number of lame change indicator flashes to 6 when trailer connected. Kit comes with fitting instructions and even a template to drill holes for the 12 pin socket to mount up. I recommend this way to go. Hardest part is doing up the damn 7mm nyloc nuts on the plug. Who has a 7mm open ender?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Hardest part is doing up the damn 7mm nyloc nuts on the plug. Who has a 7mm open ender?
If they are nuts and bolts like earlier model Holden spec towbars, you could dig around your tool box for some allen head substitutes

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
yes , they are so easy to fit yourself
allow half a day and have a helper to remove and refit bumper
hardest part is removing the boot lining

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
If they are nuts and bolts like earlier model Holden spec towbars, you could dig around your tool box for some allen head substitutes
No, sadly they're studs. The closeness of them to the plug body makes for a neat installation but a time consuming session to carefully crank the nyloc nuts down with a 7mm open ender.