Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

do ve's have the accelerater lag like vz's?

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
You mean 'hang on................I'll go make a cuppa while it builds up some speed to make a quick overtake.............'

Have you ever had a serious drive of one, or are you just parroting a popular myth?

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Well I just drop it back 2/3 cogs at 100kmh if I want to go around something in a rush. Otherwise I just leave it in 6 and just poke along if there's no traffic to worry me.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Have you ever had a serious drive of one, or are you just parroting a popular myth?

I drive them on a daily basis mate (for work, not by choice). You should go for a drive in something with some real go, that might put things in perspective.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You mean 'hang on................I'll go make a cuppa while it builds up some speed to make a quick overtake.............'

Agree on that, but it's not because of throttle lag. It's because (as has been said) the engine isn't powerful enough to pull around 2,000kg with any sort of urgency.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
power to weight ratio.

Ve commodore omega V6- 106.5

Vz commodore V6- 109.6

The ve motor has a bit more power but also has more weight as mentioned before.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
holding_breath.jpg

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I know it may sound strange when I say this but wouldn't be all to "how" you apply acceleration? What I mean by this do you A smash the pedal into the floor and notice the lag? or B is it more of a gentle application? I do admit I get tiny bit of lag at times and other times shes on the money, lately it has been pretty good not to mention I have been moved up to Werribee for work on temp until they get someone else in there so going from sth morang to werribee has done it good not to mention the sidi is capable of 700km on one tank :)

Bill44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 08 MY09
I drive them on a daily basis mate (for work, not by choice). You should go for a drive in something with some real go, that might put things in perspective.

Is an M5 BM down a German Autobahn enough perspective for you?
And BTW I used to tune GP bikes for a living before I retired so I know what GO is. I'm talking **** your pants GO.

Daggy082

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8
Do VY's suffer from the same lag? I havnt noticed it because I come from driving a 2.8ltr patrol diesel, everything seems fast to that!!