Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

do ve's have the accelerater lag like vz's?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm not quite sure how you define throttle lag? Is that poor acceleration up hill in 6th gear @ 2000RPM or is that poor acceleration in 2nd gear @ 2000RPM or poor acceleration in 2nd @ 4000RPM? Is a very broard question. I reckon a steady application to WOT in the SIDI seems to work better than just tramping it. Not sure if it would make any difference to outright acceleration times though? You V8 fellas stop sledging us long suffering V6 drivers :) Mine pulls just fine from 2000RPM...no complaints at all.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
knock it back to 3 or second to bring the revs up to peak power at 5 ish and yes you have to hang on.
My mrs nearly pooed her pants the first time i demonstrated this.

I'm not sure if you're joking or actually think this is the case. So I'll go with common sense and laugh...... Hahahahaha. Haha. Ha... Ahhh maybe you were serious. LOL (that's a laugh for a different reason). VE V6 "you have to hang on"? Oh PLEASE!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm not sure if you're joking or actually think this is the case. So I'll go with common sense and laugh...... Hahahahaha. Haha. Ha... Ahhh maybe you were serious. LOL (that's a laugh for a different reason). VE V6 "you have to hang on"? Oh PLEASE!

I don't know CSP that laugh sounds as if you're a couple of spools short of full boost...

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
lol my SV6 is ok but by no means do i have to "hang on" lol. I have run a 14.8 in it btw which is pretty slow when my mates Nissan Pulsar VZR runs low 13's all day and its NA.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Er, well I said 2 tonne family car remember.
Don't get me wrong, i'm definitely not calling it fast or agile and I am often the first one to slag off holdens design team for many of the stupid things they have done designing the VE. However there's little complaint from me with the 180 kw V6. If old mate put the same alloytec in his VN he'd get an erection.
The VE is at least 200kg overweight, 10cm too wide, suspension is too soft, visibility is crap, tyre life is rubbish, dash is rubbish, sound system is rubbish, and the boot is too small, putting the battery in the boot is stupid and the windscreen washers are pathetic , but slow ? meh.
Just for the record i'd still be happy driving my vs if it was still alive. sob.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
OK, I'll bite...

Comfort and safety features add weight. give me those over a slightly lighter car any day. I never drive ANYWHERE a quarter mile at a time.

Too wide? You want a roomy car to not be roomy?

Most people prefer a SOFT COMFY ride. There are enthusiast models for enthusiasts - they're called HSVs.

Visibility crap? WTF? Your eyes and neck muscles don't work?

Get a wheel alignment, balance and correct pressures all by someone that actually knows what they're doing and then don't drive it like you stole it and tyre wear is fine.

Dash was fine until Series 2. They they wiped the ugly stick all over it. But it's far from rubbish.

Sound system. Not great but satisfies the masses. For the few there are after market options.

I could fit 3 golf bags and 3 golf trolleys in the boot of my VE sedans. If that's too small what do you want? A fuggin Brougham? Tow a trailer everywhere?

Windscreen washers? Well they do their job, which isn't to clean the results of driving through a locust plague...

Slow? Meh? LOL!!! BLOODY OATH THEY (V6s) ARE!!! And stock, the V8s aren't a great deal better.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
99% with ya CSP lol

But i like my S2 dash lol