Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do VR/VS window gutters fit on a VN?

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Commodore Executive....and a London bus
I mean the chrome type VR-VS gutters, including that rear window part. Has anyone tried it? I notice the VR/S rear window seems a slightly different shape than VN/VP. Also, if it fits, would it look funny due to that tapered rear window?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
those "gutters" are called bailey channels mate...and no, i dont believe they would be a straight swap onto a vn from a vs.
it wouldnt cost much to chrome your current bailey channels, if you were keen for that. or you could always paint them with that chrome paint, wont look as good as the real deal though.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
sircruisealotVS said:
those "gutters" are called bailey channels mate...and no, i dont believe they would be a straight swap onto a vn from a vs.
it wouldnt cost much to chrome your current bailey channels, if you were keen for that. or you could always paint them with that chrome paint, wont look as good as the real deal though.

You can just rub the paint back on the standard bailey channels and polish them up and they look a nice chrome.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
get chrome ones off a statesman or vp calais. ya would have to get the little back windows off a vp calais.

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991_Vn2nV said:
You can just rub the paint back on the standard bailey channels and polish them up and they look a nice chrome.

I hear this a lot... got any pics?????

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The other strips on commodores are just a chrome strip in the middle I think...where as if you polish up the VN ones they are all chrome. VN's have pressed alloy window surrounds rather than plastic like the VP's...
Use paint stripper to get the grey off then polish them with autosol...if you do it post some pics of yours!
Here are some pics courtesy of Mr. VN Calais from SC:

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 350
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 295

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
can you, and or would you do the top of the doors aswell??

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
thats totally sick

I always thought the VN bailey channels were plastic, never knew what they were hiding underneath! Awesome pics dude, thanks muchly ;)