Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

do VT VX Execs have power aerials?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I have a VT Acclaim, not an Executive but it has one.

As to bothering about installing one (if it doesnt have one), that would depend if you like to listen to the radio.

You don't really want to leave a aerial up all the time or put it up and down every time you get in and out of the car.

I rarely listen to the radio though so if I didn't have one I just wouldn't listen to it at all.

You could also shave the aerial and put a bee sting type on the back window like the VE if you could be bothered.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Optional accessory on executive, standard on Acclaim and other lux models. Was standard on my Acclaim until some *#@hole snapped it off at the guard surface. They do it for kicks. I have a size twelve steelcap kick I would like to give anybody doing this cr*p. Being a cheapskate pensioner, I just got a Tarago straight aerial and jammed it in the hole the idiot left. Works as good or better than the original.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Hot-Rod, I was only referring to the VT which I have the factory service manual for. Don't know a lot about the VX. My next car will be a 760li 6l V12 (when I win Lotto) so really do not know a lot of stuff about later Commodores except what I hear on this forum, some of it contradictory.