Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Now that my shock has settled a little bit decided to pose this question.

For me, I never used to believe in Ghosts etc, really I still don't. Only problem is something that happened on Saturday.

I went down to lal Lal falls which is eastish of Ballarat, did the 6.5k return walk from Moorabool falls, down a few hills intot he granite falls. Was a great day. Returned to Lal Lal falls @ sunset. I had not seen these falls flow since I was a kid, so to see them trickling over was a little exciting in a way. So down I went into the falls ignoring all the "No Access" signs. Figured there was a path so I could follow it down. Did a few shots along the way until I was right in. Had only just finished a few bracketed exposures and was setting up my new panohead to do a panorama shot inside the falls. At this point as I was turning to move the camera(path was about 2 foot wide) my right foot slipped over the edge of the path and i started to fall. I knew it was going to hurt as 20-30 foot falls usually do. All of a sudden I was thrust into the side of the cutout with such a force that I cut my hands. Also have a bruise on my temple where I must of hit my head. As you can imagine this shook me up pretty bad and I got out of there ASAP. Can still feel the coldness I felt after I was pushed back, almost unbearable coldness. Could this have been weather? Sure, but unlikely.

What adds a whole twist to this is i find out later after explaining to my fiance is that 2 people(students?) were killed here in an accident in 1990.

I am still skeptical about the whole ghost thing, whatever it was that stopped me from falling I am grateful, I certainly will not be going back down into those falls though.

I have attached a pic, the red shows the path, the down arrow shows where I would have fallen, other arrow shows where I ended up...people can call bull**** if they like, I dont spook easy, in fact, this shocked me more than first arriving in timor in novermber 99.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Believing in things is one thing, knowing its true and seeing it for yourself is another. in that case your past being just a believer.

I know theres lots of differant explanations for what people sometimes call ghosts, ufo's etc but i have experienced something im not willing to talk about and i wasnt drunk, just woke up, etc..

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Er, no, I don't.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I dont believe, but i dont not believe :p
Ive always been the first to call bull**** until my brother told me a story. My brother is so down to earth and wouldnt know how to bend the truth yet make something up.

He and his mate went camping on the river at Boolarra, early in the morning my brother was woken up by the sounds of school kids playing in the river and near his tent. Now my brother is shy so naturally he stayed in his tent, then he put his head out to make sure his mate hadnt left anything out. He looked out their were no kids, abit confused he went back to bed and heard it again, he swore their must of been kids playing in the river. When they got up his mate said he heard it to. It was left at that for a few years until my brother was speaking with a local at churchill and happened to mention it. Turns out where they were camping use to be the school bus route in the 60's or 70's but got changed after a bus went over and landed in the river and killed a heap of kids. The scholl bus route signs are still up. As i said my brother isnt one to bull**** or believe in it either but he knows something wasnt right that day.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I don't really believe in ghosts. I'm a "believe it when I see it" person.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
I dont believe, but i dont not believe :p
Ive always been the first to call bull**** until my brother told me a story. My brother is so down to earth and wouldnt know how to bend the truth yet make something up.

He and his mate went camping on the river at Boolarra, early in the morning my brother was woken up by the sounds of school kids playing in the river and near his tent. Now my brother is shy so naturally he stayed in his tent, then he put his head out to make sure his mate hadnt left anything out. He looked out their were no kids, abit confused he went back to bed and heard it again, he swore their must of been kids playing in the river. When they got up his mate said he heard it to. It was left at that for a few years until my brother was speaking with a local at churchill and happened to mention it. Turns out where they were camping use to be the school bus route in the 60's or 70's but got changed after a bus went over and landed in the river and killed a heap of kids. The scholl bus route signs are still up. As i said my brother isnt one to bull**** or believe in it either but he knows something wasnt right that day.

sound travels very well over water, could have been kids play from where your bro couldn't see.

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Believing in things is one thing, knowing its true and seeing it for yourself is another. in that case your past being just a believer.

I know theres lots of differant explanations for what people sometimes call ghosts, ufo's etc but i have experienced something im not willing to talk about and i wasnt drunk, just woke up, etc..

back in '84 i saw a witchdoctor hex a coconut which turned into a fireball and flew around the jungle. back then there were no gimmicks, no trickery, just a lotta old men with ancient curses.

then in '88, i saw a headless man in an ancestral graveyard. old folks there believed that it was the souls of the ones killed in battle. my great grandparents were head hunters.

ufos...(havent seen one)...but there's a lotta weird lights up in the sky nowadays which cant be stars, planes, satelites or the moon.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't really believe in ghosts. I'm a "believe it when I see it" person.

I didn't see a thing, I just felt something which potentially saved my life.