Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you have a VT or VX commodore?

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
If yes, when you get a minute please lift up the bonnet, go to the throttle body and locate the two rubber hoses at the lower end of the throttle body.

One of the rubber hoses has an L shape coming out of the TB and then travels back in the direction of the cabin of the car. Its about 30-35 cms long and may have a regid plp;astic inner tube. Please note specifically where that rubber hose attaches at the other end and pls post in reply. TA photo would be great. Thank you in advance.

If you know where a new tube can be purchased that would be helpful

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1

Gw33dz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon S2,
I'm just going off the top of my head here, i'm pretty sure it attaches to a small black plastic box thing mounted to the back of the intake manifold (near firewall on the right - left side at the back when lookng at the engine).

If you see the three fuel lines, the thinest one with a different shaped connector connects to the same plastic box thing i'm pretty sure.

I think it's like a fuel breather thing or something that vents the fumes back into the intake. Correct me if i'm wrong, but in any case, you should see the black blastic box thing, with a vacant recepticle.

Are you sure you can't silicon up the damaged hose. Otherwise just use some fuel or tranny hose or whatever and clamp it on if you have to. Measure the inside diameter of the hose or outside diameter of the recepticle and get some generic hose from an auto store.

Hope that helps

Gw33dz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon S2,
In this photo you can see the fuel line going into that box thing, the connection your after is below on the right on the same box thing.

You can see the tranny dipstick on the left as a point of reference.

Attachments

• Fuel_Breather.jpg
    Fuel_Breather.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 119

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX