Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you have an lpg ve?

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Question for anyone who has a ve on lpg, or knows about it

Is a doughnut tank possible, with the whole plastic boot floor thing, or do you have to have a tank in behind the back seat? Looking at getting the lpg injection system in our ve, and the installer was unsure on the doughnut tank.

Also how are your cars running on this system? Its meant to be dyno tuned once the lpg system is installed, so looking forward to the results.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
I have just purchased an international with LPG. I believe it is only available as the behind the seat job it is 73 liters (usable) I do not think you would get 73 liters out of the donut tank if it could be used. This will be my third LPG vehicle and I hope the best because the engine is factory prepared to run on the gas and the injector type system is the most efficient. I will report further when I get the damn thing , still waiting 15 days now. The gas guage is a nice fit to the dash and the one thing I have not asked but wonder is, does the trip computer calculate gas usage , klm's remaining etc. Time will tell

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
when I was searching through the threads lastnight on ve lpg, apparently dtg and litres/100km didnt work, but that was a 2006 thread so maybe its been perfected now, and works?

But yeah, the doughnut tank would probably be a 60 litreish one, so wouldnt give a big range, but would give me the boot.

Look forward to hearing from you about how yours goes.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought I would touch base again but sadly I am not in a position to report ANYTHING re LPG at this stage, the reason : I am STILL waiting for delivery its been 3 weeks now and for a factory going to one shift a day from NEXT month you have to wonder why the 3 week wait, anyway it looks like being another week or even 2 yet so the LPG report is on hold till then.:bang:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Yes you can get donut tanks they have a 50ltr capacity the trip computer will still read for petrol based fuel readings, you can't use the same gauge that i am aware of beacuse liquid injection use a ultra sonic fuel sender/gauge.
I have vapour injection and it gets good economy 500-550klm's to 70ltr's/$35 and run just like on petrol (power/torque), but i had the chance again i would go the liquid injection for the extra $400.
Hope that helps a bit!

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still waiting just at the start of the 5th week now and still no VE International LPG, they do say it arrives at the dealers today and I SHOULD get it tomorrow but that info was only forth coming after I telephoned them yesterday and asked them if my Commodore may be coming from China. :bang:

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Is a doughnut tank possible, with the whole plastic boot floor thing, or do you have to have a tank in behind the back seat? Looking at getting the lpg injection system in our ve, and the installer was unsure on the doughnut tank.

A toroidal tank is definitely available, but it holds a lot less (50-60L) than the cylindrical tank (70-75L).

Also how are your cars running on this system? Its meant to be dyno tuned once the lpg system is installed, so looking forward to the results.

I don't have a VE but we have a VZ SV6 with basically the same engine (albeit uprated). Pulls just as hard on LPG as it does on (98 RON) petrol with perhaps a little bit more torque in the low to mid-range while running on gas. We get 550km per 75L tank of gas.

Regards,
Dave

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
The gas guage is a nice fit to the dash and the one thing I have not asked but wonder is, does the trip computer calculate gas usage , klm's remaining etc. Time will tell

Is the VE a dual fuel set up ? or dedicated gas now ? if dual fuel the trip computer will only work in petrol mode...

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
From what I can see on the net, still dual fuel, but the gauge is a little led thing down by the power/esp button, looks a little but of an after thought if you ask me. Wish they would have it like the vx I had, that was factory dual fuel, but trip computer/fuel gauge etc worked for the gas.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
From what I can see on the net, still dual fuel, but the gauge is a little led thing down by the power/esp button, looks a little but of an after thought if you ask me. Wish they would have it like the vx I had, that was factory dual fuel, but trip computer/fuel gauge etc worked for the gas.

There's a very good reason why you would want to have two fuel gauges.

With a dual-fuel engine, you need to have both petrol AND gas in the tanks in order for the gas system to function, as it will always start on petrol and change over to gas (if selected) once the coolant hits a preset temperature. You NEED to know how much fuel is in your petrol AND gas tanks.

Regards,
Dave