Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you have an lpg ve?

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
From what I can see on the net, still dual fuel, but the gauge is a little led thing down by the power/esp button, looks a little but of an after thought if you ask me. Wish they would have it like the vx I had, that was factory dual fuel, but trip computer/fuel gauge etc worked for the gas.

Yes it is a dual fuel vehicle if it was dedicated LPG like the Falcon I would not have purchased one, there are just to many places (when going on a trip) where LPG is either very expensive or not available. The gauge consists of a toggle switch to select petrol/lpg and a series of LEDS, 4 green LEDS which indicate 1/4 to Full and a 5th LED which glows red when on petrol and green when on gas. The gauge is a nice fit and is of the same design that was supplied when I fitted a direct injection LPG system to a Landcruiser a few years ago. The VE dual does not have trip computer, it has basics and customized options set by the user but there is no feature that indicates klm per tank, average consumption for petrol or LPG

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is the VE a dual fuel set up ? or dedicated gas now ? if dual fuel the trip computer will only work in petrol mode...

Its dual and they get around the trip computer by eliminating some of the features found in the petrol version, it does not give infromation on KLM Per tank etc.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
when I was searching through the threads lastnight on ve lpg, apparently dtg and litres/100km didnt work, but that was a 2006 thread so maybe its been perfected now, and works?

But yeah, the doughnut tank would probably be a 60 litreish one, so wouldnt give a big range, but would give me the boot.

Look forward to hearing from you about how yours goes.

You are correct and the 09 is the same, its not that it doesn't work they simply don't include the feature on the display, it would be nice to have that feature its something to play with while on the move but I purchased it for the cheaper LPG running costs first and foremost. Thats all I can say for now, the owners manual recommends no LPG for first 500k's so for now its petrol only but I am really happy with the HOLDEN so far, it has a nice driving position and a good feel on the road. The stereo is good as well and it has some nice features that I have not seen in other cars before, the seats are super comfortable and all the controls are well placed and easy to see.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I am finally running the new VE on LPG after the initial 500k's run in on petrol, ran petrol for 750k's actually. As I said previously I have ran a similar gas system in a Landcruiser the gas gauge was identical but with the cruiser the gauge would show one quarter volume used at under 100k's of running, so far I have ran 155k's and the gauge still shows all 4 leds even tho this is just a guide at this stage it could well be that the factory LPG VE can achieve 600 plus and up to 700 per tank. Time will tell more details later. Apart from the gas usage the car in general is a nice unit and my first Holden apart from a HK back in the early 80's. the ride is smooth the cabin is quiet and the seats are comfortable and I love the green dash illumination, sure some say its old fashioned but I reckon the amber (orange) dash illumination used in other makes is a shocka give me the green any day. It has some nice features as well, I like the way you can toggle forward or back a track on a CD and when you toggle back it actually goes back to the previous track and not to the start of the track you are listening to that is a feature I have not seen in other vehicle players before. The electronic key and locking features (in the 09 model anyway) has some nice features as well and the fact that you can turn the key to complete off position yet still operate the windows and steareo is another nice touch. Nice car GMH I'm glad I got one:bow:

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
sounds positive, looking forward to hearing how many kms you end up getting out of the tank.

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
First tank 498.7 klm's on the nose that's pretty good for a 73 litre tank my old Landcruiser being a V8 got 420 klm's to 450 klm's from a 90 litre tank, I should add that this was the tank as delivered from Holden, they fill the tank to conduct leak tests etc so I can not be certain that the tank was 100% full in the first place. If the delivered tank was full it equates to 14.6 litres per 100 klm's not bad for true on road figures the official figures are 14.2 litres per 100 klm's. Next report after next full tank.:whistling

poweredbycng

Reaction score
A quick question: how loud are the BRC gas injectors on the factory fitted LPG systems? The OMVL injectors on our SV6 are only audible when you lift the bonnet.

Regards,
Dave

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick question: how loud are the BRC gas injectors on the factory fitted LPG systems? The OMVL injectors on our SV6 are only audible when you lift the bonnet.

Regards,
Dave

Well this is my second gas injection vehicle the first being OMVL and I have never heard noise come from the injectors on either of them so I can only answer your question by saying "no there is no noise" unless there is some kind of noise I should be listening for ?

Last edited:

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok to close this off and for any interested readers I have ran 3 or 4 tanks of LPG now and on every tank I get 495k's to 500k's and thats for about 69 litres, while it is a 73 litre tank the audible empty sound appears to activate with about 4 litres in reserve. I have no idea how any Commodore runs on an after market LPG system but I can report that the factory version is sweet as, smooth with good power both on LPG and Petrol an absolute treat. :wax:

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Sounds good, thanks for that. Def in the pipeline to get it done now. Just joining the waiting list...