Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you like or hate the new Commodore?

Discussion in 'Just Commodores Polls' started by MR VXS2, Jul 16, 2017.

Do you like the new style Commodore?

1. No, not really.

64.8%
  2. Yeah, it looks okay.

29.6%
  3. I cant wait to get one.

5.6%
  1. MR VXS2

MR VXS2 Member

Members Ride:
    VXS2 SPORTS WAGON
    The new offshore Commodore approaches, what are your thoughts everyone?

No V8s? More or less a complete import....

Will you embrace it? Or will you stick with the original equipment?

2. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    If people care to cast their minds back to when the VF was released , I seem to recall there were a number of people on this very forum , who said " nah , hate everything about it " , I think the new soon to be released Commodore looks OK , people will I think come around to the new car .

nikitaxx and MR VXS2 like this.
  3. Tonner Matt

Tonner Matt Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
    There is already a thread very similar to this one in regards to the NG Commodore.
    Here is the link if anyone is interested:
    https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ering-the-ng-commodore-after-their-vf.262347/

4. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Looks ok but mechanically inept. Should have retired the name and called it something else. Zero appeal for me.

5. c2105026

c2105026 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
    So its FWD. Big whoop. Welcome to the 21st century.

For the average punter it will be just fine. But the average punter will probably buy a cheaper Corolla/Mazda3/i30, or a similarly priced small/medium SUV or Hilux/Ranger Ute for the same money, if market trends are anything to go buy. Medium-size cars aren't selling that well, and have never really sold well since the 80s.

6. KustomKulture62

KustomKulture62 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2002 VX Acclaim Holden Commodore
    I have no interest in the 2018 models and am keenly looking at the C-class Mercedes Benz V8 or V6.

7. Brisbarnz

Brisbarnz Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vh sle
    Seen the prototype on the m1 a month ago. Wierd looking compared to what we are used to. Didn't like it but that's just me.

8. mpower

mpower Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    V2 CV8 Monaro and VXII Clubsport
    I remember the leaks of the VF Evoke and still think it looks awful - like it or not GM have killed GM-H, it's dead to me now. At least we'll have the classics and the memories.

Calaber and Reaper like this.
  9. Pete_perth

Pete_perth Pedro

Members Ride:
    VZ Adventra V6
    I think I will pass on any new Holden's once they stop building them here. I don't really like what they are bringing down under from their various outlets around the globe. I was born and bred Holden and I will enjoy the memories of all their local cars going back to my dad's FC. I think I am done with Holden. I wish them well.

UnmedicatedLunatic likes this.
  10. UnmedicatedLunatic

UnmedicatedLunatic Member

Members Ride:
    VEII SV6
    The plan was to run my SV6 into the ground, sell it for scrap and buy a new SS about 10 years from now, but after the v8 Commodore disappears there is really nothing left in the line-up that interests me. I'll stick with my home grown SV6 thanks, I'll buy a few donor cars when they're cheap enough and just keep on keeping on... Reckon I can get to a million kms? lets find out.

commodore665 likes this.
  11. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    you could beat that man in the States who has a million klicks on his Volvo P1800 , keep it well maintained and who knows.

12. Zeke Topanaga

Zeke Topanaga Active Member

Members Ride:
    HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
    I think GM has done there homework, it's the future.
    There is no money in making V8's not to mention that's the way things are going that people will not be able to afford a V8, the future is all boring as bat **** and people will buy any rubbish nowadays, look at it this way the media push something and most people will just swallow it, look at gay marriage for example, they can change the definition of a word, bastardise it in fact and most fools will swallow it because of their blind ignorance, Climate change is another just swallowed by hype and spin, Global warming they called it first then had to back peddle from that because there is no factual proof at all.
    It all comes down to how many boring dull people there are or what one can afford.
    Look at the USA the garbage cars they made, big front wheel drive floating barge poll junk and people bough them. it's just transport to most people, not drivers cars at all.

RTS is dead, them days are over and we had people complaining about the VB Commodore back in the day, because so many were just hopeless drivers and then we went down the track of helping crappy drivers and it all started with all the ABS etc and most love it.

If you look back at the junk that Australians drove until the first XR V8 Falcon came out and then the HK V8 Holden that's when enjoying to drive a car started and many people were interested in such a thing, even most people would watch Bathurst even 70 year old mums, it was a big deal back then but now not many could give a hoot about it at all.

Times are changing, GM and Ford are not going to make drivers cars anymore.

KustomKulture62 and Calaber like this.
  13. Zeke Topanaga

Members Ride:
    I remember when the new VC Commodore 4 cyl came out, this new neighbour next door to a mate was boasting of this brand new yellow VC starfire 4 cyl wagon automatic, I remember just looking at him and it.
    Now that must of been the first time I met him because the second time I remember seeing him I was thinking just what a poor miserable hen pecked bloke he was and I was shocked to see the bloke the first time and the second time is still etched into my databank, it was horrific, it was somehow a prelude to men in 2017. I felt like saying leave him alone ye stupid bitch to his wife but they were like 30 so years older then me and his fat son was a twerp that though he was some type of cop at 15yo, the kid got the shits because I called him wormy and his mum was not impressed about that at all and tried to set my mates mum and dad against me, but they agreed I was fully justified in my opinion and my mates dad said that he regret ever meeting that old reptile.

14. UnmedicatedLunatic

UnmedicatedLunatic Member

Members Ride:
    VEII SV6
    So pretty much you bullied another kid because he was fat and wanted to be a cop...

VS 5.0 likes this.
  15. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Umm....and this is relevant to the thread how, exactly?

16. Zeke Topanaga

Members Ride:
    I called him out for what he was, a misrable little prick that had nothing better to do than was coming down to try to get my mate into trouble, he found a bong way down the road and claimed my mate owned it, stomped about my mates land looking for dope, we never bashed him, just called him out for what he truly was but I know of a lot of people who would of drove him just for turning up let alone him coming the heavy with my mate. I could of said his mum was a Nazi and wears jack boots.
    I think wormy did not like that my mate had nice hotted up V8 cars, a bad person owns a V8 you know.nowadays pricks are around like that every where.

17. Zeke Topanaga

Members Ride:
    It's people like so that the new age panders to, they are in control, you see it every where, hot fast car, oh no ! the bloke is a monster.

18. immortality

immortality Moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    I suggest we keep this thread on topic!

Cause he's got to get his political views in where he can.....

19. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Weird. We're talking about the next Commodore and you're talking about the next World take-over.

What the hell are you smoking?

20. Zeke Topanaga

Members Ride:
    it's not a v8 is it and it never will be again, it's over, this is the future and it's not a political view of mine, it's a fact of reality and that's the world we live in.
    The car has not come out yet but Holden know what they are doing, because they are making a car for the future.
    Not to mention most people are just new age wimps, so the V8 days are gone, because not enough people to make a V8 viable is it and that's the facts behind it all.

I had pricks back in 1977 pissing on to me about V8's when I worked at a service station, they wanted V8's banned, I said my old man has a 400ci V8 and tows a trailer most of the time and it's better on fuel than any 6 cyl towing in fact.

It's all about people and the future and that is what the new commodore is all about.

I believe Holden with this commodore are on the right track for the future, I my self don't like it but that's the future.

UTE042_NZ likes this.