Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you like or hate the new Commodore?

Do you like the new style Commodore?

• Total voters

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
it's not a v8 is it and it never will be again, it's over, this is the future and it's not a political view of mine, it's a fact of reality and that's the world we live in.
The car has not come out yet but Holden know what they are doing, because they are making a car for the future.
Not to mention most people are just new age wimps, so the V8 days are gone, because not enough people to make a V8 viable is it and that's the facts behind it all.

I had pricks back in 1977 pissing on to me about V8's when I worked at a service station, they wanted V8's banned, I said my old man has a 400ci V8 and tows a trailer most of the time and it's better on fuel than any 6 cyl towing in fact.

It's all about people and the future and that is what the new commodore is all about.

I believe Holden with this commodore are on the right track for the future, I my self don't like it but that's the future.

Agreed. Why didn't you say so the first time?

ShinyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pac Ute
We are getting the camaro's so there will be v8's
If Holden got rid of all V8's they'd see the demand for them and start to sell them again after a few years

gregbark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SERIES 2 SV6 WAGON
GMH lost the plot years ago and have gradually morphed into a selling arm of GM International and selling cars from plants that can produce cheaper and more efficiently. It doesn't matter about Australian motorists due to our small population requirements. We have nearly 65 different brands and no more allegiance to GMH or Ford. Even our ADR and ANCAP requirements vary from Europe. The Euros even wanted Bull Bars removed as they don't have Kangaroos or Wombats, or though some of them maybe themselves. They should have dropped the "Commodore", name like Ford dropped the Falcon.

Tom Seaford

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sportswagon evoke LPG
It's an Opel Insignia, a bland car that dosent really have a great reputation in Europe.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I still haven't seen one up close so have no idea if it's any good. The fact no ones buying them tells me how good they are, and that most Aussies now have the same opinion of GM as I do.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
I actually don't mind the appearance of the new ZB, and it does have some impressive tech, but I am a die hard V8 fan and because of that, I will be sticking with my VF for as long as I can. No idea what I will choose next.