Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dodgey Aircon VF SS 2014

SneekyNuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Hi Guys,
My SS the Aircon has just started to only blow Hot air even on cold and on LO. Is this common ? is their an easy fix? i went to Holden and the service guy was rude and sort of made me feel like i was wasting his time. Its an Ex Police Car maybe they used all the gas eating cakes and going to Maccas. but its under 2 years old so its odd for the gas to run out im thinking 12647106_10153371184632544_731519765078146952_n.jpg

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
The gas won't run out as such, but can sometimes leak out.
Get the air con leak tested and regassed and you should be all good.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Hi Guys,
My SS the Aircon has just started to only blow Hot air even on cold and on LO. Is this common ? is their an easy fix? i went to Holden and the service guy was rude and sort of made me feel like i was wasting his time. Its an Ex Police Car maybe they used all the gas eating cakes and going to Maccas. but its under 2 years old so its odd for the gas to run out im thinking View attachment 181954

Is the vehicle still under warranty? If so I would take it up with Holden again.
There make be a cracked line or fault somewhere which would be covered by warranty.

SneekyNuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Thanks the issue i have is the log book hasnt been filled out since the 15,000km service. Im guessing the Coppers use an internal mechanic service but you would think they would still fill out the log books. i've got it booked in at Holden next week

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Thanks the issue i have is the log book hasnt been filled out since the 15,000km service. Im guessing the Coppers use an internal mechanic service but you would think they would still fill out the log books. i've got it booked in at Holden next week

It still Holdens responsibility to investigate/repair any manufacturer faults within the first 3 years. Different story if the air con lines have been bent/broken/damaged due to ramming a crooks get away car :surprise:

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
All police cars (Commodores) serviced by Holden (religiously).

SneekyNuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
If this is the case why is my log book only stamped at the intitial 3,000km service. Ive been told they are done in house these days. im going to go to the local Police Station and ask

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
If this is the case why is my log book only stamped at the intitial 3,000km service. Ive been told they are done in house these days. im going to go to the local Police Station and ask

Recently seen a HWP car in the service bay at my ocal Holden dealership. One thing that government are very good at, paying over inflated prices for out sourced work to the private sector.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
...... One thing that government are very good at, paying over inflated prices for out sourced work to the private sector.

which WE pay for

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I can guarantee you they don't service them in house, in small country towns where no dealership is available they'll use either a local mechanic or another Government Authority that employs a workshop like say the Forestry Commission or something similar.

Just because your book is not stamped doesn't mean a record of the servicing isn't with the Dealership as all government vehicles are serviced religiously are per Brabham's earlier post.