Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dodgy Kilometers

SSbeast

Reaction score
Does the BCM or ECU store that kilometers traveled of a vehicle as well as the dash? In other words is the only way to check the kilometers of a car is to look at the dash or can you use the diagnostics and check it that way? This is a for a VX series.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The kilometers are stored in the dash cluster only.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Hope they changed that in later models, seems dodgy that someone can have a car clock up 200,000km then change to a cluster that reads 100,000km and sell the car for more.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
but won't the kms be registered against the car?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
people have been swapping clusters for ages that's why you ask for the service history, it will show the kilometers of the previous services

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
in NZ we have to go for Warrant of Fitness every 6months or 1 year if the vehicle is less than 4 years old, they note down the kms at every WOF so its almost impossible to get away with it over here, unless the vehicle is wound back before its registered.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
in NZ we have to go for Warrant of Fitness every 6months or 1 year if the vehicle is less than 4 years old, they note down the kms at every WOF so its almost impossible to get away with it over here, unless the vehicle is wound back before its registered.

Sure would suck to be in NZ....
in Australia you can apply to have the kilometers on your vehicle altered, via the Office of Business and Consumer Affairs, you fill in the form get it noted, signed and you have a plate fitted to the door jar that states that its been changed at X amount of kilometers to X kilometers.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Sure would suck to be in NZ....
in Australia you can apply to have the kilometers on your vehicle altered, via the Office of Business and Consumer Affairs, you fill in the form get it noted, signed and you have a plate fitted to the door jar that states that its been changed at X amount of kilometers to X kilometers.

makes me feel safer seeing less buckets on the road, they're not a very intense test though.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
In NSW when you apply for a pink slip the kilometers are also noted.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
i have a 3 display dash cluster. i can tell the car just how far ten kilometers is. this is its base setting for the k's done. it also effects the kilometers to empty.