Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does a VF SV6 Series 2 come with series 1 parts?

Holden161499

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series 1
Hey guys. So i had been searching on Carsales for the past few days for a VF SV6 Series 2 and noticed that some cars were listed as series 2 but didn't look like they were, because from what i know so far (correct me if im wrong please) is that series 2 have different front bumpers from series 1, series 2 have push start, which series 1 doesn't have and also series 2 doesn't come with a CD player like series 1 does.

So yea, i was just wondering if series 2 does come with series 1 parts or maybe the people who put their cars up on Carsales just probably selected series 2 by mistake

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Series 1 & Series 2 look the same to people with little knowledge a variants
But there is a considerable difference.
eg: I am looking at Nov 2013 Series 1 Calais, and that has press start.
The major difference is the Year stamped on the compliance plate affixed on the Left Tower.
Series 2 came out in Sep 2015,
which was classed as a MY16.
Where the Series 2 models will be a higher asking price than normal for would be Collectors, because they are the last Model of the Commodores.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You're not going to find anyone insane enough to think an SV6 is collectible, seller or buyer!
A Series II is going to be a bit more because it's newer, because it has fewer km's, and because they generall have more kit (eg. VF1 SV6 didn't get SatNav except for the special editions, whereas I know at least some VF2's had it & the colour screen it came with).

Sellers often get photos mixed up, for example a used dealer has 12 VF's on the lot & he asks the car-wash boy to take a photo of "that new red Commodore wagon".

Some people also lie about what they're selling, stick Series II on it because they don't think there's a difference but they see higher sale prices.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Hey guys. So i had been searching on Carsales for the past few days for a VF SV6 Series 2 and noticed that some cars were listed as series 2 but didn't look like they were, because from what i know so far (correct me if im wrong please) is that series 2 have different front bumpers from series 1, series 2 have push start, which series 1 doesn't have and also series 2 doesn't come with a CD player like series 1 does.

So yea, i was just wondering if series 2 does come with series 1 parts or maybe the people who put their cars up on Carsales just probably selected series 2 by mistake

Thanks guys

From recollection :

1. Yes on the bumpers: you have the vents and larger grilles on the series 2.
2. The key start was still a feature I think on the early Series 2s before the Black Edition which had Sat Nav and push button standard, along with a darker finish on the alloys (same design though).
3. Correct CD player was deleted from Series 2.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon

Thanks guys
Yes series 2 SV6 won’t have the driving lights/spotties on the lower front bumper. Definitely push start, HUD and satnav but no CD. If the wheel rims are the originals on the ones you are looking at then they will have the black accents unless it is a series 1 black edition...series 1 were otherwise all silver.
Edit: Hmm, just rethinking whether the MY16 series 2 non black edition had HUD and satnav as standard or whether they just came with the 2017 update on the SV6??

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
HUD in SV6 was a late addition to the series 2 as it wasn’t standard from sep 2015 ;)
I think the black edition was the first SV6 with standard HUD and was released late 2016 :rolleyes:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
HUD in SV6 was a late addition to the series 2 as it wasn’t standard from sep 2015 ;)
I think the black edition was the first SV6 with standard HUD and was released late 2016 :rolleyes:
Yes, Skylarking you are correct ....my bad...we signed up for the Black Ed ute in the last week of June 2016...great promotional discount with proviso that car had to be delivered by June 30. When they discovered they couldn’t deliver and would have to wait for one from the factory the proviso was dropped and we finally took delivery late July (reg 28/7/16) for the same deal. The BE was very successful for Holden and when it was discontinued later in 2016, the SV6 retained the extra features (HUD, satnav, black accent rims etc) as standard....a pretty good deal considering I don’t think the price increased at the time?

But yes, to the OP and others considering buying a VF2 SV6 (no, not an investment but one of the greatest non V8 large family cars built in Oz and if it’s a ute or wagon you won’t get likewise for the money) you will find lots of inaccuracies (deliberate or otherwise) in the ads from both Dealers and private so do your homework and closely inspect the actual car you are buying so you know you are getting the features you really want for the price.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
no, not an investment but one of the greatest non V8 large family cars built in Oz and if it’s a ute or wagon you won’t get likewise for the money

Spot on. Late model SV6/ Calais V V6 both offer great value. And since most owners are not crazy enough to think of them as investments, there are some really good deals out there. One has to be very careful though - the other thread on an Evoque masquerading as an SV6 comes to mind.