Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does any one know the approach angle for VF SV6 Sedan???

songmuang.l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi everyone,

I am building a house with a reasonably steep driveway and have no clue what the approach angle would be so I can decide to cut the land more or less. I try to find the info on the internet and also Holden themselves. Holden said they would raise the case to the headquarter blah blah blah.. just for this.

So, anyone has any idea???

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sorry I can't help answer your question, but I thought (having had a similar issue ourselves recently) it was worth saying that if you've not already considered the camber of the road itself, make sure you DO take it into account in your calculations!

We don't have a particularly steep driveway, but because the road itself has quite a pronounced hump in the middle (and isn't very wide), we can't drive too quickly in or out with the VF as the bottom of the bumper has a tendency to scrape on the road. Taking it at an angle avoids the problem, and we had quite a wide layback installed because I thought it might be a problem (and a narrow layback would mean you can't approach at much of an angle).

songmuang.l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Sorry I can't help answer your question, but I thought (having had a similar issue ourselves recently) it was worth saying that if you've not already considered the camber of the road itself, make sure you DO take it into account in your calculations!

We don't have a particularly steep driveway, but because the road itself has quite a pronounced hump in the middle (and isn't very wide), we can't drive too quickly in or out with the VF as the bottom of the bumper has a tendency to scrape on the road. Taking it at an angle avoids the problem, and we had quite a wide layback installed because I thought it might be a problem (and a narrow layback would mean you can't approach at much of an angle).

Thank you for your suggestion. I didn't even think about it! Anyway, my driveway will be connected to the pedestrian path and a long crossing over nature strip. It will be close to dead flat.. : Thank you again.

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
You could try measuring yourself - get a large flat board, put under car till it touches front wheels and lift until it touches bumper - work out angle by measuring length of board from wheel to where it touches bumper and height of ground to point where it touches bumper. Use this online calculator with those distances The Log Factory - Angle calculator

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Height from ground to bumper will be "side a", wheels to bumper will be "side c" - angle you want will be Angle A ...