Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does any1 know how to clear a overflow bottle?

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
I was under the impression they came yellow stock.
Never seen a clear one.
Heard about hideing overflow bottle near radiator to neaten engine bay up tho.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Your talking about the staining of the white plastic inside the bottle I guess ?

Take it out and put some of that CLR stain remover in it and swirl it around... make sure your rinse it out well after... but usually a bottle brush and some detergent cleans them out just as good.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
hot water and some ball bearings. Shake and serve. lol. I did this and it loosened most of it then sparyed some degreaser in it and washed it thourghly with hot water again. it didn't come up clear it was still yellowish. you'll never get it clear cos it is stained that way. only thing you can do is buy a new one and when you want to show it swap the bottles over.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Why not spraypaint it white, red or whatever...and leave a strip unpainted so you can check the coolant level. Use high temperature engine paint.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hako said:
Why not spraypaint it white, red or whatever...and leave a strip unpainted so you can check the coolant level. Use high temperature engine paint.

yeh thats what i did, make sure you use plastic primer too or it will flake and look sh1thouse, i done it too my vl and my bonnet$ rubbed on it and stuffed it anywayz :bang:

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
the natural colour of the material is an off white when its new,after time like most things it gets stained and faded.only way to restore it is to throw it out and get a new on,as for getting a full clear bottle, the plastic used to make overflow bottles does not come in a clear.the only clear material you could use are acrylic or polycarb,and the wouldnt hold up to the hot coolant temps.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
The bottle is not exactly white, and not clear. I picked up one few weeks ago genuine part, but it would look very nice if it was a clear bottle.