Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anyone else find the Indicator sound really annoying?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The sound doesn't really bother me but you should try and re-program it and let us know how it goes! That would be kinda cool.

While you're at it, see if there's a way to get rid of the damn ****ing three flash blinker thing. THAT drives me nuts...

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
lol, change the sound to gun shots or something. would be cool.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
It wasn't until my mate said he finds the noise really annoying, i can't say it bothers me too often as i usually have music easily overpowering it. If you could somehow mess with the chip and get a better sound i'd love to know!

as for the 3-blinker thing, that really pisses me off too. its more unsafe than safe. I have gone to merge a couple of times and prematurly clicked the indicater as i turned to look and there was a car there so Ive decided not to merge.. instead of a quick flash its sitting there flashing 3 times and confusing the traffic.

Sorry to go off topic a bit. All-in-all the blinker noise is quite annoying and does sound a little cheap. somebody please fix it. haha

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
The sound doesn't really bother me but you should try and re-program it and let us know how it goes! That would be kinda cool.

While you're at it, see if there's a way to get rid of the damn ****ing three flash blinker thing. THAT drives me nuts...

you mean the inability to blink only once or twice? it does take some getting used to.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
you mean the inability to blink only once or twice? it does take some getting used to.

It'sa Euro thing. My Golf did the same thing. It's designed for lane changing rather than changing direction and I always found it useful. Wish the VY had it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It was annoying when I first got it but am used to the sound now and barely notice it. As for the indicate x3 thing, it is sort of useful. If you hold the stalk down for 2 flashes it won't repeat the 3rd :)

Reaper

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Only had them attempt to fix it 5 times ;)

How have you been going with that thing, anyway? I remember you were having a lot of problems with it, did they end up fixing it completely or replacing it?

Kevin Paisley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jalpa tt
Hadn't noticed the blinkers - too busy looking around those ****ing A pillars.
I spend more time driving around in a 47 year old car, where you can actually see around you. I get back in the VE and I've nearly been caught out a couple of times with the pillars. Getting lazy in my old age I guess.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

Absolutely!

as for the 3-blinker thing, that really pisses me off too. its more unsafe than safe. I have gone to merge a couple of times and prematurly clicked the indicater as i turned to look and there was a car there so Ive decided not to merge.. instead of a quick flash its sitting there flashing 3 times and confusing the traffic.

I often do the exact same thing. :bang:
...Plus I'm a control freak - I like to be able to control if I want my blinker to flash only once or twice! ...Same reason why I hate the default auto headlights I spose, but that was another rant in another thread...;)