Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anyone else find the Indicator sound really annoying?

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
The only annoying thing i've found with the indicator noise is when I don't have any music on I can hear the flasher can noise coming from the rear of the car, parcel shelf/boot area as well as the click coming from the dash. Very annoying sometimes!!

With the 3 click indicator thing, I found if you half press the stork, then half press is again it cancels the 3 flashes. so if your quick enough you can start it then cancel it straight away to only get 1 flash.

vcorbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I don't mind the 3 flasher indicator thing but I can't stand the indicator noise/volume. Has anyone figured out how to makeit quieter???

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I don't think it is meant to be quite at all. The idea of the clicking noise is essentially there to let you know it is still flashing so I don't understand why people hate it so much. :whistling

Just think of those annoying Volvo drivers out there who drive for ages in the right hand lane, under the speed limit and still have the right hand indicator on! :realangry

As for the clicking noise itself I agree with Hunter SS. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and the 3 flash thing is a well utilised feature. I usually do my head check before I indicate to merge over thus ending the problem of confusing traffic with random and cancelling signals. :)

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
Just picked up my 2016 SSV wagon this weekend. I'd love to be able to lower the indicator tick, especially if I get around to a amp and speaker upgrade anyway.

So far, my wishlist reads...
1. Change mylink startup screen.
2. Spotify app as well.
3. Hack the indicators noise.