Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anyone else find the Indicator sound really annoying?

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
I know its a minor thing..but I'm an audio engineer/muso with very good ears..and the tone of the indicator on the VE really bugs me..its got a hollow crappy tone...I am not sure if its is made by a mechanical device, like the old ones..or if it is digital...I came up with the thought of being able to reprogram the sounds on the chip..(if its digital).. to make it not only less annoying...but more personalized....for instance..instead of a boring..click clock..it could say "left".."right"..or you could have your favorite song playing or a sample of some sort...I would also like to get rid of that other annoying ding/donging... when the car starts.. (what the hell is that sound trying to tell me anyway!)...instead..it could talk to you..."Good morning sir..you are looking particularly shaggable this morning..and don't forget to put your seat belt on.. you gift to woman kind you"... (this would be in a sexy french woman's voice).....
Its a tad over the top..but not really.. the rest of the car is pretty high tech..so..why do we have put up with noises that make you feel like your back in an old FJ playing Nintendo 64!!

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
no, mainly the stereo is louder than the indicator:yeah:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I do think it sounds a bit cheap, but its not something that really bothers me that much.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
the indicator tick in the Sportswagon doesnt really worry me
could be a tad quieter though (its a lot louder than the wifes Astra)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
it's certainly more of a tock than a tick but it's hard to be bothered by it. Usually not concentrating on the blinker noise - moreso the 100 other things happening nearby.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
it never bothered me really, but ppl who ride with me talked about it b4

it should be quieter I guess

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Indicator sounds become really annoying when you own a HSV with LED rear indicators which constantly **** up and "flash fast" (i.e. double the normal speed). click click click click click click click click click click

Only had them attempt to fix it 5 times ;)

jonwilliams76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Was going to buy a VE but bought a VZ... mainly because of that damn sound drove my wife and i mad...