Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anyone know how to change the airbag badge, on a VY.

venomske

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I've got a HSV steering wheel and hsv airbag on my ute, the black paint on the hsv badge bubbled a bit from being in the sun too much at work. Bought a replacement off ebay. but I'm not sure how to get the old one off, and don't wanna risk the airbag deploying.

any advice?

IMG_2920s.jpg

centre badge on my steering wheel
start buy taking the battery lead off this will stop any activation at the back of the steering wheel there r some small star screws u will proberly have to buy the tools needed then u unscrew it all put new one in place to easy buddy...

venomske

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Unfortunatly it can't be removed. I work in the industry replacing airbags and the holden badges are actually rivoted on in a way with these plastic kind of rivots that sit behind the badge, (it's quite hard to explain) but without actually destroying the airbag is virtually impossible sorry to disappoint...

thats a croc of crapp i do air bags all day long thats just a holden line they give to unsuspected victums like selling holden water..

Ve hsvi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsvi v series calais L98
Its glued in with 4 plastic pins.Try heat gun then gently pry it off .After disconnecting everything of course .On ebay you can see the pins in the photo of the replacement.