Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anyone know what the Lumina trim level is?!!!

Alexander Cuomo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
On Wikipedia when looking at VY commodores there is no mention of the Lumina model apart from the chev lumina which is a completely different car. Where does it place with the other trim levels of VY commodores and what features does it have that the executive doesn't have?

thanks

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
On Wikipedia when looking at VY commodores there is no mention of the Lumina model apart from the chev lumina which is a completely different car. Where does it place with the other trim levels of VY commodores and what features does it have that the executive doesn't have?

thanks

pretty confident they are the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore_(VY)

Exports of the VY were made to the Middle East as the Chevrolet Lumina from 2002 as per the previous VX series. Trim levels were the Lumina LS sedan and wagon (based on Commodore Executive),Lumina S (Commodore S), Lumina LTZ (Berlina), and Lumina SS (Commodore SS).

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Limited edition VZ Lumina TV ad

Alexander Cuomo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina

Attachments

• 1301598381.jpg
    1301598381.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 178

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
This is the chev lumina. its very different.

That's an earlier Lumina for the states, in later models they were Commodore based in a heap of countries, there's a bunch of them in the Middle-East. AFAIK though it was pretty close if not the same standard as Exec with maybe a couple of cosmetic extras.

Last edited:

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
1999 Chevrolet Lumina Executive
P1020755.JPG

Richard Moss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Lumina Coupe S (Monaro CV6)
Here in the UAE, the Lumina is just the Commodore/Monaro with different badges and left hand drive. If you look to the left you will see my 2002 Lumina S Coupe (3.8 V6, Monaro V2 with no supercharger). The coupe just came as S (V6) and SS (V8)

The yellow aeroplane is a Russian Antonov An2, BTW

Outbak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Wagon
Below is an advertisement from the time to help with specifications. The wagon cost extra than the sedan at the time.

A CD Stacker could be optioned. I can't remember if 4 airbags was an option (which I have). I had factory FE2 fitted to my wagon which I still have.

VYLumina.jpg

Alexander Cuomo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina
Below is an advertisement from the time to help with specifications. The wagon cost extra than the sedan at the time.

A CD Stacker could be optioned. I can't remember if 4 airbags was an option (which I have). I had factory FE2 fitted to my wagon which I still have.

View attachment 206453
LEGEND THANK YOU!