Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anyone know what the VZ may look like ?

D

Dansco

What about model types ? Who gets what engine ?

Has anyone found out yet what VZ models will get Alloytech 175 or 190 ??

chris87

Reaction score
This hasn't been backed-up by Holden, but it's just from my perspective:

The 'S'-pack might be replaced by the new SV6 which will get the Alloytec 190 along with the Acclaim. Meanwhile, Executive will get the 175, Berlina will probably have the 175 as standard and the 190 optional, the Calais will have the 190 as will the Statesman and Caprice. The base model Ute will have the 175, the 'S' ute will could have a 175 or 190 (probably 175) and the Crewman would get the 175 for all V6 models. Adventra CX6 and LX6 will definately be the 190 kW version.

As I said above, this information isn't from Holden (or any reliable source). I've gathered bits of rumours from here and there and put them together. Most of what I said above will probably be right or at least close, but we'll see how acurate I am when the VZ is released.

Hope this helps!

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
From what I have heard, the Executive, Acclaim and Berlina will all have the 175Kw V6, with the 190Kw as optional, presumably along with the new 5 speed auto, as I have heard nothing to suggest that the 190Kw engine goes with the ol' 4 speed. The S has more than likely been replaced by the SV6. I guess a 175Kw 'S' would look stupid next to an up-specced 190Kw Exec... The XR6 Turbo beater will arrive next year as the SV6 Turbo, with around 220-230Kw (just a guess..).

The WL Statesman will have the 190Kw with the V8 optional, the Caprice will be V8 only.

Cheers! ;) :wave:

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Actually i wasn't even aware of that post. I got my info from carpoint.ninemsn.com.au which says (in part):

"Expect a more aggressive looking V6 sports model to fill the gap where the current model 'S' sits below the SV8. SV6 anybody? Word is a turbocharged six-cylinder version is also under consideration, which would be the spiritual successor to the VL Commodore Turbo. Holden tells us the engine can be turbocharged to deliver up to 276kW without much fuss, but this engine is unlikely before next generation VE in 2006."

and as you can tell from the quote originally posted by VX11SSM6er, this engine should be available by next year (well before VE), though I doubt it will be anywhere near 276Kw in SV6 form, as this would be too close to (if not exceed) the V8 in output, so I go for 220 - 230Kw. I would suspect the possible 276Kw version would show up as a HSV sometime soon after the launch of the SV6T in 2005.

:wave: :drink:

chris87

Reaction score
yeah, thats rite. i read that somewhere too, about the Exec, Acclaim AND Berlina getting the 175kw. i agree, like wots the point of having an 'S' and an SV6. it kinda defies the point ay?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I think the Alloytech 190 will be option on Acclaim and S Berlina statesman but standard on Calais caprice and Advantra LX6 plus SV6 CV6 Monaro. give the people that pay the extra money out on the luxo car feel more special.